Why choose Jehovah's way?

by wobble 9 Replies latest jw friends

• wobble
    wobble

We have had six thousand years or so of Satans Rule.and yea he has cocked up big time,but what have we got to compare it with? we are supposed to choose Jehovah's Way but we have only "seen" a bit of that in the garden of Eden and that didn't go too well,so how do we compare???

Love

Wobble

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I don't believe we are under any supernatural being's rule. It relieves the stress of wondering who to worship or how to worship. Be a good person and if there is an afterlife, I'll deal with it when I get there! If not, you'll just be dead in the ground with no worries.

• wobble
    wobble

Good poont freudi,

But what I was trying to get at was the Dub way of explaining why evil has gone on for so long is so we have a comparison,a choice,but when have we seen Jehovah's rule in action so as to compare or choose?

love Wobble

p.s If you look half as good as your avatar WOW!!!

• reniaa
    reniaa

maybe because the alternatiive to current life has to be better?

• distazo
    distazo

The only compare we have, is 'how it would be if...' Jesus were king.

And I think, if you try to read objectively his words, there is a beautifull person who will and can rule with empathy without corruptness and greed.

It's up to you to choose that. And I agree with the others, there is no current comparison, and if you stick to the OT, I'd rather prefer the Greek way of living, eh, the romantic part of it, not the bachus part ;)

And as long as God does not show he's alive and caring today for us, what could we do better than live and let live?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I guess the story goes that Jehovah is offering everlasting life in a paradise.

If you can pay the dues, the price of admission.

But I wouldnt believe the JW's or that the JW's are Gods spokesmen.

If they are he has been giving them bad information.

I dont know what choice we can make today, since there is no tree of the knowledge of good and bad to eat from, or to not eat from.

It sounds like man and the priest class are trying to control us.

• distazo
    distazo

One cannot earn anything by deeds. That's b.t.w. the NT story.

One can 'earn' by faith. And what is faith? It is in your heart. :)

It's a present, probably given in future, and if not, so, what else?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    I dont know what choice we can make today, since there is no tree of the knowledge of good and bad to eat from, or to not eat from.

Yes there is. The tree of knowledge of good and bad is right in your front yard. You encounter it every day.

It is the choices you make and every decision and action you take.

Your conscious tells you if its right or wrong. You know in your heart when your motives are selfish or altruistic.

A big problem is that some people are not free to make the choices they want to make. Why? Because of obligation or oath.

There are many many many people who have joined groups or clubs where there is a vow of loyalty taken. Some may be called "secret societies". But some may even be just like the bOrg. You have taken an oath through baptism to worship the org and follow its dictates. They disguise their figurehead by calling it some invisible holy thing like the Federal Slave. Might as well call it the Easter Bunny. By any other name, it is still the same. It is the corporate dictator with a mask.

Now, you may know that it is wrong to turn your back on a family member because some non-existant Easter Bunny says you have to. It feels wrong in your heart. So your mind justifies it through obligation. You accept that you are owned by this "Jehovah" who is an unseen and unknown dictator in your life. You accept the story that this Jehovah speaks directly to the Federal Slave and that you are to obey these orders he passes on to you. Because you have taken an oath of loyalty by baptism and the questions, you have obligated yourself to do as you are told, you are not free to make the choice you may feel is the morally right choice.

So whether its a secret society or the grip of a religious organization, they both operate on the same principle.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So you can let Him do all your thinking, decide what experiences you are going to be allowed, and tell you what to do and where to live. That way, you will not have to so much as make a decision or have a thought.

Jehovah's way is for the laziest of the lazy (at least when it comes to mental effort). Of course, it will also lead to stagnation, getting to forgo everything you have the slightest desire to experience, and being kept working 20 hours a day, 7 days a week, doing something that is a complete waste of time.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jehovah's way involves suffering, sacrifice and service....."the world's" offers fun, parties and women.....I got ripped off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit