Our family's dirty little secret - revealed!

by LovesDubs 6 Replies latest social current

• chickpea
    chickpea

what an amazing human interest story this is!

i cannot imagine the deep satisfaction you feel
    along with the joy of finding "real" family....

thanks for the wonderful read
    and the smile on my face this morning

• StAnn
    StAnn

This is not as unusual as you might think. Before the bureau of Child Support Enforcement tracked parents down via the IRS and forced them to pay child support, many people just started new lives, abandoning the old.

My cousin always felt like an outsider, never quite felt like part of the family with her own siblings. She was just different and didn't understand why. It wasn't until her grandmother was dying that she found out that my uncle isn't actually her dad. By then, her bio-dad had died in a car wreck and she never got the chance to meet him. She has held this against her mother a long time.

The story is much more indepth but I won't share it here. I was shocked to find out how many people knew about it over the years but never mentioned it.

Good for you for helping your cousins!

StAnn

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

When I started to do my family tree my mother was very concerned. She said she wanted to tell me in person before I found out thru research that her mother and father were never married, although she had taken his name. She thought I would be devistated or something. I just laughed. No surprise at all. I know I got low-class blood.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

That is so wonderful! I'm happy for you.

I found out that I had a sister, who died from AIDS 2 years ago. I have a nephew out there somewhere.

I have also heard thru the grapevine, that I may have another sibling, but I have no names to go on.

So I don't even know how to start.

Glad you found what you were looking for!

• nelly136
    nelly136

congratulations, sounds like you've made a bunch of people really happy, its nice to see your hard efforts have been rewarded. :)

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

One of my uncles recently sent away his mistress and his child away to Spain. I overheard it and told it to my fam. These things happen.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

wow! What a story - I'm so glad you were able to find your cousins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit