How to Debate an Evolutionist (if you must)

by hooberus 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus
    George Gaylord Simpson (prominent evolutionist)

Are you serious? He has been dead for 24 yrs. The fossil record has exploded since then, forget about DNA. Whenever someone has presented themselves as an authority on an subject, that is the first clue to discount whatever they say. I have to tell you this, as time goes by. The evidence for evolution will only continue to grow and evolve. The BS of creationism will only grow more evident. Free your mind.

Has anything changed since then that invalidates his specific point that I quoted?

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch
    Has anything changed since then that invalidates his specific point that I quoted?

Not really, I'd say most people would consider a creature like the last common ancestor to be an ape. This is only going to play in your favour though with people who are completely ignorant of the tempo and drivers of evolution, as well as inter and intraspecies competition with overlapping niches.

When debating evolutionists its important to understand that evolution isn'tuniform in the selective pressures exerted on different parts of the biosphere. So don't bother with the argument that there are apes and men but no apemen left....oh my why not?

Its simple. Apes are very successful in their niche and did not move from it nor change much. The ape-men moved away from that environment into different ones, and experienced changes. Apemen and successively more human-like creatures likely had overlapping niches. So they were bound to be competitors for the same resources. The old apes in Africa weren't really impinging on their space. But the final form (us) is a fairly nasty competitor and may take out the apes too now.

• Caedes
    Caedes
    http://www.evolutionfairytale.com/forum/christian_warning.htm

I don't think I've read anything quite so hilarious in a long time.

Thanks for the laugh.

• avishai
    avishai

Ok... Since when are we, humans, NOT APES!?! We still ARE apes. Shoot, horses and donkeys have darn near as much in common as we do with chimps.

• wobble
    wobble

I havn't had time yet to examine modern evolutionary theory properly,maybe one day,but I am suspicious of people who resort to pejorative terms to describe their opponents in a debate,there is no need if you have a strong case,hence the WT has to use such terms against us!

I am also wary of those who won't reference their sources. A word of caution though,quite often scientific papers reference other "experts" who agree with their research and give the presentation a seeming credibility.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit