coolhandluke is schizophrenic because God is the problem

by coolhandluke 3 Replies latest jw friends

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

i was having a discussion on another board when this jem popped up regarding my vacillating belief in a higher power. the poster said that i was schizo. then i made a rebuttal.

How can you say you don't beleive in God, but you hate God. You hate God, but according to you He dosn't exist, you are nuts.
    You said God, "is the single thing that holds us back from progress". You, who hate God cant even progress to proper English.

lets go back to this i dont believe in God or as i like to call him "god" thing. i dont know if the f*cker exists or he doesnt. lets be real buddy, neither do you. you just hope that he does and by your actions are erring on the side of caution just in case you might get something out of the deal. so i vacillate honestly. i mean who doesn't like the cracker jack prize? i never thought that paradise or heaven or whatever was enough to serve god when i was a jw. i still don't. if you want to be real about it the only reason to serve him is that he deserves the honor and the praise.

lets review that last part. does god deserve honor and praise? if god exists in the form you say he does - someone alive, aware, conscious, just and moral - then none of those things about him are true based on the world scene. there is a disconnect there. its either one or the other. that there is some universal bet going on with the devil isn't enough of a reason to allow the world to exist as it does. just not. where do i get that from? a "god-given" sense of justice if we are playing by your definitions.

lets play by my half hearted definitions - god doesn't exist. you drive your life. when you die thats all. you don't get another go round. your fate is to fertilize plants from now on. 21 grams rule aint in effect. yes i said aint. i hope that doesnt bother you. aint aint aint aint. okay. im done. sorry. its like taking a giant sh*t, this belief. its so freeing. your moral compass is your own. your freedoms are your own. your choices are your own. none of these things are anymore driven by fear of displeasing someone else but fear of disappointing yourself. how much more pure is that? what you do every day isn't defined by losing out on the promise of someone who doesn't seem to be able to keep people from being oppressed on even a small scale let alone prosperous on a large one.

id like to believe that there is something past this level of consciousness. but its just a guess at this point. why do i want to believe that? it means that i'll never stop growing, that i have the potential to evolve past what i am to something greater. but really this is just a fear of dying and some delusions of grandeur. i want there to be some 'thing' that spawned life so i can ask it questions that i'll never have the answers to in this mortal coil. and if you take a second i think you'll realize that my desire to believe is the same reason why you whole heartedly believe.

my .02

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

huh...

• AGuest
    AGuest

See, here's the problem, dear CHL (peace to you!): first, you write:

i dont believe in God

Then you write:

or as i like to call him "god" thing.

It just seems kind of... well, odd... that one identifies a being... that one claims not to believe exists. Here, you've even done so by gender, intimating that you believe a being indeed exists.

Perhaps what you should have stated is "I don't believe in God" and then added a period... or "I don't believe in God, period." But to continue and elaborate that you call "him" anything at all... and that the entity that you don't believe in is, in your mind, a "him"... kinda negates your argument that you don't believe in God, doesn't it?

Now, I get it that you might not believe in God as you have been taught He is... or as you have learned or allowed yourself to perceive Him. That makes total sense. I even get that you may not believe God exists at all. That, too, makes total sense.

But to say you don't believe in "God"... and then say that you "like to call him" something... is, well, contradictory, isn't it?

Again, I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Just popping in to give you a *hug* !!!!!

I've been called schizo and pysho by the best of em!! That you are not!!

How's the nephew?? How the heck are you??

shell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit