what happens after Armageddon?

by cameo-d 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bob1999
    bob1999

9"I tell you, make friends for yourselves by using the riches of the world that are so often used in wrong ways. So when riches are a thing of the past, friends may receive you into a home that will be forever.

This is Jesus saying what the master said to the servant. Showing that with unrepentant man, one will be praised for being a crook as long as you "come out ahead".

Jesus himself says about this whole thing "If you have not been faithful in the use of unrighteous Mammon, who will entrust the true riches to you?"

• yknot
    yknot

According to Revelations

Jesus starts his milennial reign, those safeguarded by the first resurrection are present but the rest of the dead do not come to life until the end of the thousand years. Those of the 1st resurrection are to rule as kings with Christ, and priests of God during the thousand years and are safe from the 'second' death.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jesus starts his milennial reign, those safeguarded by the first resurrection are present but the rest of the dead do not come to life until the end of the thousand years. Those of the 1st resurrection are to rule as kings with Christ, and priests of God during the thousand years and are safe from the 'second' death.

Can you simplify this? This sounds rather mind boggling.

When was the first resurrection? Did I miss something?

and those that come to life after the thousand years...why do they have to wait so long? Were they really bad? Or are they priveliged in not having to take part in all the work of the clean up campaign?

"The 1st resurrection are to rule as kings with Christ". Using the word "with" implies to me that they are considered equal with christ. Is this what WT teaches? Or is it from actual scripture?

What is the difference between being a priest or a king. Sounds like the same damn system we got now. Kings=politicians; preists=religions.

My idea of a "paradise" would be NO RULES and no subservience.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    Those of the 1st resurrection are to rule as kings with Christ, and priests of God

and another thing...why this does not fit.

The scriptures refer to "Bride of Christ". A bride (metaphorically female), would imply submission to Christ, not this co-rule stuff.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Didn't Jesus say[Amageddon] survivors would be "changed in the twinkling of an eye" ?

"1 Corinthians 15:51-52) . . .Look! I tell YOU a sacred secret: We shall not all fall asleep [in death], but we shall all be changed, 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed. . ."

The WTS apply this to the "first ressurection" that took place after 1919 when he had taken his kingdom and called his anointed to life and gave them life in Heaven. It still goes on now as the remnant die and continues until the last one dies and goes to heaven.(so they say)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit