My Story: Part 9 – Journey’s End

by truthseeker 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Madame
    Madame

Thank you very much for telling us your story.

Hugs from Madame in Sweden

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Thank you so much for sharing, I can really relate to the lingering feelings you have about "the truth". I also, am interested to know how your extended family dealt with your fade and is your wife still "in"?

• done4good
    done4good

Just read all of your story! I'm very happy things are going well for you, truthseeker.

As you know, I know your USA congregation well, as I attended there several years ago. My doubts became much more of a problem for me, as I saw how the pioneer group in that congregation was little more than a status symbol. They were mostly friendly, yes. But, I saw right through their real reasons for signing up. This was the cause of much strain on my marriage, (ex), at the time. My ex tried pioneering for a year there also, but it was painfully clear to me that she was doing this because it was "the thing to do". It was all downhill for my time in the WTS, and my marriage to my ex from that point onward, (Althouth it would take another 10 years for me to leave myself...)

Best of wishes and keep in touch!

done4good

• Satanus
    Satanus

Your wife is still going? How is her dissilusionment coming?

S

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

Read your whole story, thank you so much for taking the time to write it!! One part your experience really resonates with me - not having any friends in "the world" or at the KH. That made for an incredibly lonely life. Even as an adult I feel socially inept - unsure of how to make friends and reach out to others. Now that I work with so many witnesses, this has made socializing with colleagues even more difficult for me.

But your experience really helps so many others to see they are not alone. Thanks and I wish you all the best.

• homeschool
    homeschool

My heart breaks for you, probably because I can see myself in so many of your descriptions. My father actually told my boyfriends that they could/should do better than me. Everybody in school thought I was a jw snob and totally weird. They threw food on me in the cafeteria.

Thank you for sharing ...I recommend reading all 9 segments

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit