Quick need a response for a friend....

by 4mylove 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 4mylove
    4mylove

My email about the inlaws was:

I do love them they are the neatest and sweetest people. They just seem a little brainwashed sometimes. It's like they have these permeanent set of blinders on all the time that doesn't allow them to see the beautiful grey that exists in life.

Their response:

LOL that’s the very thing that attracts most people to the faith no grey area when it comes to right at wrong…. That’s what sets it apart…. But in trying to achieve that people sometimes forget the main things that Jesus taught about kindness and compassion and love for neighbor and most of all HUMILITY.. Jesus sat with Tax collectors, thieves and prostitutes… trying to set the example and appeal to them through compassion he wasn’t being their best friend but still he treated them well…… that’s the example we are supposed to follow….I think when people feel they are living by the book they sometimes get HAUGHTY which is pretty much one of the worse sins when it comes to the JW faith… they always say Pride is before the fall.. and it is sooo true… I have seen so many people that had that attitude have the greatest falls … falls that were just disgraceful and then they got it…. And their attitudes changed after that ….they have to….. or your will never show your face again…. So and So's parents were some of those people like that….and they got a rude awakening I think they got the message

Thoughts opinions?

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

i don't quite follow this. can you elaborate?

The Oracle

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Went to visit the inlaws, they are devout jw's, my hubby is inactive. He has a brother that shuns us because of the hubby being inactive.

The friend i'm chatting with is also inactive but only for a few months, she is still very in the mindset. I actually had hope that she had doubts.

Her most recent response was:

Because really if you think about it there truly is no grey area when it comes to right and wrong once you se the bottom line>>…. BUUUUUTTT its how we all get to that bottom line and getting everybody to agree on the standards upon which that bottom line is set where all the confusion and contention comes from…. THEREFORE… as long as everybody is trying to set their own bottom line there will always be grey areas….and Religion and people will always be divided……

Yea can you tell I love my job… im feeling all philosophical up in this piece… and I really hope u don’t take this like im preachy… I am not trying to change your mind about anything I would never do that …. I am just trying to help you find piece with the "the brother in law" situation. Because nothing you say or do is going to change his mind … it has to come from within… when he steps down off his self constructed high horse then he will come around….. I think he is just trying more to prove a point….and that’s sad.

• 4mylove
    4mylove

my response:

My Hubby has not hurt anyone. He hasn't killed anyone or anything. He has respected his parents wife and everyone else in his life. He has never stole anything, he has never done drugs, been a drunk, been abusive, been anything but a good human being. He just quite possibly doesn't believe the same way anymore. I still don't know. I just don't think that is right. I don't think I can believe in a God that would fry half the world because they don't believe the same. Parents all love their children very differently. We need to stop this conversation because I love you no matter what and this shit stresses me out more than you know. I'm sorry.
  • 4mylove
    4mylove

btt

• Satanus
    Satanus

She makes out like there really is an absolute truth/standard. Ask here why the wt has been so wishy washy about so many issues: joining the un, preaching the 1914 generation doctrine for decades, then dropping it, transplanmts wrong then right, abstain from blood, then don't, soddomites and gommorites not resurected, then resurrected, then not, etc, etc, etc, etc.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Why did j hoover choose rutherford when he was smoking cigars and drinking heavily.

Her rsponse will likely be that you are just finding fault. Ask her then, why she can find fault w your husband.

S

• 4mylove
    4mylove

Awesome Satanus! Will use that.

She sent me a response that she again wasn't trying to be preachy, just wanted to shed some light. I explained that it was hard to follow any religion because they have all had doctrinal changes. I reminded her of the fact that many would be alive today if it weren't for doctrines from the past. We'll see what the response is to that.

Thanks again friend

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the official position of the WTS is that inactive jws are not to be treated like they are df'd. It sounds like your BIL is making this a personal choice.

*** w04 5/1 pp. 21-22 pars. 13-16 Strengthen One Another ***

At times, the pressures of life or other difficulties can cause some to slow down or become inactive in the field service. (Mark 4:18, 19) We may not see inactive ones at congregation meetings. Yet, they likely still have a love of God in their heart. What can be done to strengthen their faith? The elders can offer kind assistance by visiting them. (Acts 20:35) Other congregation members may be asked to assist too. Such loving visits can be just the right medicine, as it were, to revive those weak in faith.

The Bible exhorts us to "speak consolingly to the depressed souls, support the weak." (1 Thessalonians 5:14) Perhaps those "depressed souls" find that their courage is giving out and that they cannot surmount the obstacles facing them without a helping hand. Can you offer that helping hand? The expression "support the weak" has been rendered "to hold fast" or "to cleave to" the weak. Jehovah cherishes and loves all his sheep. He does not view them as of little worth, and he does not wish any to drift away. Can you help the congregation "to hold fast" to the spiritually weak until they are stronger?—Hebrews 2:1.

One elder visited a married couple who had been inactive for six years. The elder writes: "The kind and loving concern displayed toward them by the entirecongregation had such a tremendous impact that it moved them to return to the flock." How did the once inactive sister feel about visits by congregation members? She now says: "What helped us to become active again was that neither the brothers who visited us nor the sisters who accompanied them ever showed a judgmental or critical attitude toward us. Rather, they were understanding and provided Scriptural encouragement."

Yes, a sincere Christian delights to be a strengthening aid to others. And as circumstances change in our lives, we ourselves may be the recipient of strengthening acts by our brothers. Realistically, though, it is possible that in a time of need, no human aid will be available. Nevertheless, there is one Source of strength who is always available, one who is always willing to help—Jehovah God.—Psalm 27:10.

*** km 2/07 p. 8 Do Not Forget Those Who Are Inactive ***

Are you acquainted with anyone who has become inactive? Perhaps he has stopped associating with the congregation and has drifted away. You may have contacted such a person while engaging in the house-to-house ministry. We must keep in mind that the individual continues to be our spiritual brother. We want to confirm our love for him and help him to return to the congregation and to ‘the shepherd and overseer of our souls.’—1 Pet. 2:25.

Demonstrate Interest: A brief telephone call or visit may assure one who has become inactive that we have not forgotten him. What could we say? We may be encouraging by simply letting the person know that we were thinking of him. Keep the conversation positive and upbuilding. (Phil. 4:8) We might mention a point that we enjoyed from a recent meeting. We could also invite him to an upcoming meeting or assembly and offer to save him a seat or provide transportation.

A sister who had been inactive for more than 20 years was found in the territory. Although she was unwilling to accept a Bible study, the sister who found her called back, leaving the current magazines. After the district convention, the publisher shared some convention highlights with the inactive sister, and eventually she was reactivated.

When Someone Returns: When an inactive brother begins coming back to the meetings, how should we treat him? Well, how did Jesus treat his disciples after they had temporarily abandoned him? He warmly referred to them as his "brothers" and showed confidence in them. He even gave them an important assignment. (Matt. 28:10, 18, 19) Shortly thereafter, they were busy declaring the good news "without letup."—Acts 5:42.

Before offering to study the Bible with someone who has become inactive or before inviting a brother who has been inactive a long time to accompany us in the ministry, we should seek direction from the elders. If we come across an inactive publisher in the territory, we should inform the elders so that they can render needed assistance.

As the Bible clearly shows, only those who run the course to the finish will receive salvation. (Matt. 24:13) Therefore, take note of those who may have stumbled or drifted away. If we patiently reflect Jehovah’s love by demonstrating sincere interest in such ones, we may experience the joy of seeing them resume their sacred service alongside us.—Luke 15:4-10.
  • 4mylove
    4mylove

Thanks Blondie,

Sometimes I think the poor guy had very much to live up to having my hubby as a big brother. He must feel let down. OR He's just a little $hit that thinks he's better than everybody because he is so active.

I just won't ever understand any of this madness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit