Don't have a cow! Golden Calf II

by cameo-d 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Ok. Here is another question about the Golden Calf story.

Just suppose this is some sort of allegory or symbolic message.

Why would they choose a CALF as opposed to a bull or a cow?

A bull, I could understand. It might represent strength, might, presence, aggression, stamina....many strong defensive properties a heathen might look for in a deity.

I could even understand a cow. It might represent fertility as the reproductive animal, or food, or nurturing and protectiveness.

But a CALF? To me, a calf represents the innocence and stupidity of youth, helplessness, dependency.

So what's the message here? Why would these people choose a diety that seems inept at guidance, defense, and protection?

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok

Errr just guessing here but a "calf" is sexless, it has the potential to be either male, and good for breeding or female, good for breeding and milk plus a calf by definition is young and healthy. If you were going to give someone a present you'd rather give them a young calf than an old bull or cow that might not live for much longer.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    a "calf" is sexless, it has the potential to be either male, and good for breeding or female

At what age does it become a male or female?

And is this by choice? or pre-determined?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They only had so much jewelery to melt down..Both a bull and a cow were considered..They only had enough jewelery for a calf....If they had any less jewelery,they were going to build a "Golden Rabbit"..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ
    MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ

"At what age does it become a male or female?" Please tell me I didn't just read that.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A bull never becomes a cow at any age..Cow 5...........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

If the Golden Calf was a God, then it had a golden penis. If it didn't, then it would be a 'Goddess'.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Golden Bull had a Gold Penis!..Dr.GoldMember had a Gold Penis,in the Austin Powers movie!....Everybody`s got a Gold Penis,but me!!..Depressed..................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

u said penis

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    a "calf" is sexless, it has the potential to be either male, and good for breeding or female

At what age does it become a male or female?

"At what age does it become a male or female?" Please tell me I didn't just read that.

Yes you did read that because Devilsnook seems to infer that it is born without having a gender. DN says "a calf is sexless". So what would that mean to YOU, Marshalhasabaszzz?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit