Were here any sham marriages in your KH?

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

Recenly there have reports of sham marriages in church,have there been cases in KHs?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Could you elaborate on what is meant by "sham"?

Also, could you explain why you have started a thread that does not appear to be about Noah? Is this a trick?

• badboy
    badboy

A sham marriage is say one where one party has married in order to to obtain residence in a country,lets say.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Or to obfuscate the true nature of their sexual preference.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Yes there are 18 in the local south hall.

• heyfea
    heyfea

I don't think the WT will allow such marriages. To them marriages are final unless there's scriptural reasons to end one.

Heyfea

• White Dove
    White Dove

Well, this one isn't about marrying for legal residency, but it is bizzar anyway.

An elder was going through a messy divorce and was removed as an elder.

Within like about a month of his legal divorce, he marries really fast a 25 year old from another congregation.

This would not have sounded so strange except that he was 54 at the time, white, and had a monster of an X-wife.

She was 25, very beautiful, 1/2 Korean, and the daughter of a friend of his.

Seeing them together was almost like seeing Anna Nichole Smith-Whatever on the arm of her 90 year old groom.

• badboy
    badboy

BTTTT

• Confession
    Confession

One couple lived, for a time, just two houses away from my former wife and me. He'd been an elder and pioneer before I was appointed, and they were good friends. Some years later he approached another elder and me to confess that he'd been "struggling with homosexuality." As we talked, certain comments some friends used to make returned to my memory. They used to mention how this couple, although both great examples in the congregation, did not seem warm or "connected" to one another.

It seemed to me he became a shell of a man over time. I'd see him a couple of times over the years, and hear things. It appeared he began living as a gay person--but still believed it was wrong. I feel so sorry for him now, but hope, like me, he eventually figured it out.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Four and a half sham marriages in my hall for the record.

Say are there any "sham" threads on this board?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit