The cover art for my new JW memoir!

by klydia 30 Replies latest jw friends

• klydia
    klydia

Hey all,

My memoir about growing up as a Jehovah's Witness is being released by Touchstone in March '09 and wanted to share the news with the ex-JW community.

It's called "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed - Tales From A Jehovah's Witness Upbringing."

I just got the cover art for it, and I think it's hilarious.

I took one look at the "wicked" running from fireballs and thought: "Score! Ex-JWs are going to *get* this!"

The design itself was out of my hands, but I did scan a bunch of pages from the Live Forever book and sent it to the publisher.

I think they were clearly inspired! What do you think?

- Kyria

(Also, you can pre-order it on Amazon.com, but the cover art isn't up there yet, and it's not available until March).

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Klydia,

Welcome to JWD!

What the WT really wants to say and portray pictorially has been accomplished by your publishers.

CONGRATULATIONS!

CoCo

• shamus100
    shamus100

Love the cover! Very funny.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • Yizuman
    Yizuman

That's a great cover! Very eye catching. Perfect selection!

Yiz

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh good heavens, I LOVE that cover!!! Too funny! I hope that in this case, we CAN tell a book by it's cover, because the cover rocks...

All the best!
    Baba.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Now that is just awesome. Congrats on hard work done. I truly am happy for you!!

Decki

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Congratulations! That's exciting! I thought Touchtone was a movie company.... but this sounds like a book...

Coffee

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Splendid cover, klydia! Look forward to reading your memoir when it's published.

Any excerpts you care to share with us in the meantime?

~Sue

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

SO AWESOME! Congratulations on publishing your book! I can't wait to read it!

Rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit