Bible study with PO/sister and wife, did not go well......

by insearchoftruth 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

Well her perceptions of herself can be to your advantage.

Instead of asking the PO, why not ask her directly about things like the WTS and the UN.

Something she will have to research either on the CD or on the internet.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

insearchoftruth: I'm so sorry things didn't go well. Because of time I haven't read all the responses so I might be repeating things already said. Next time you have to choose the subjects and don't sway from them. I suggest praying for guidance beforehand and getting as much information as you can on the subjects you want to discuss.

Your wife sounds much like my mom. My mom doesn't really know everything being taught. Never having been a witness I know more about the JW beliefs than she does. She does question though and is confused about various doctrines. I do believe that she will eventually leave the witnesses. The main reason I believe she will get out is because she receives nothing from this organization. She hasn't gone to the meetings and no one checks up on her; not people from her old cong or the people in the new cong. She feels that this new cong is very cold.

She has periodically been coming with me to church and I know she sees a difference. People at my church show genuine happiness and love for each other; not to say it's a perfect church, there is no such thing. Last Sunday we had a social time in the evening and I couldn't get my mom to leave. She was having a really good time.

Keep loving your wife and please be patient. She needs to keep an open mind and if she does she will see that things don't add up. Just because an org says that it alone is the truth doesn't make it so. The bible certainly doesn't support that belief.

As the head of the house could you have a bible study with your wife on a regular basis using the bible alone? She sounds easily swayed, and you need to be strong. If she sees that you are earnestly searching the truth how can she object? You both learn together.

Even my mom now realizes that no one church or organization has the "truth"; that they are all manmade. That's a huge step for her. Some are more closer to the truth than others. I don't even consider the JW org anywhere near the truth.

The Org has replaced themselves with Jesus at every turn. They don't celebrate his birth, he is only the Mediator between God and the 144,000, they don't participate in communion.

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jeremiah 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart. Matthew 24:5 For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

• Shawn10538
  • Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Also, do not allow her to be alone with any Witness at any time for any reason, social or otherwise. I would even be going to the meetings with her if I were you. Her having her own study is a bad, bad idea. Would you let David Koresh study with her one on one?

Let it be known to the elders, that as the man of the house you do not permit any other man to speak to her without you present. You can call it a jealously thing if you want, but make sure you speak to each and every elder and let them know man to man that you better not ever see them talking to your wife without you present. You do not have to tell your wife this. Go toe to toe with those MFrs. Look them in the eyes and snort. Let them know that she is YOUR woman. Like I said, your wife may not like that but she doesn't have to know. You can tell the elders that they better not tell her about the conversation either. You have to show your balls to these freaks. Let them know that they will never be the head of your wife as long as you are alive. Threaten them with bodily harm if you have to. Make them afraid of you.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I still maintain that you should stick to one subject that he is uncomfortable with.

Notice the merry dance around many subjects that he took you on. Subjects that HE is comfortable with.and that you have not prepared yourself for.

If you want to get anywhere with him, you must know your subject well and keep him on it.

It is extremely difficult to kill a tree by chopping away at branches.

The easiest way is to kill the roots. e.g. their primary doctrine, upon which their claim to be selected by God stands or falls.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit