Eye surgery and food poisoning, need tea and sympathy

by Wasanelder Once 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wasa, it's amazing what they can do with lasers and eyes. I'm not sure about your procedure, but family has had torn and detached retinas repaired, cataracts, and lasik correction. It is scary, and some were rather uncomfortable during the procedure, but all were successful. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. Bummer. Take care of yourself man.

Sweet pea, it's amazing what they can do with teeth extraction and pain killers. I had all four cut out from the jaw. My only regret is that I didn't request Tylenol with Codeine. I only got super Motrin or something. Anyway, follow the doctor's instructions, like I did, and you shouldn't get dry-socket or have any problems. The pain wasn't too bad, but if I had it to do over, I'd request a prescription of a horse tranquilizer.

B the X

• Rohag
    Rohag

Belated Happy Birthday!

Several years ago I underwent laser iridotomy for narrow-angle glaucoma. It was almost painless. I think they'll use a lower power setting for the kind of surgery you describe. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery from all that ails you!

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I have had a couple of eye surgeries, in fact, Bethel paid for them.

It feels weird because the anesthetic was local, not general. I was given something to make me loopy, but I still felt it. Anyway, I hope you do ok. My family read to me cool articles, not the WT or Awake, to pass the time. It helped me so much.

BF

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Thats nothing, I had to remove some nose hairs today and they must have been attached to my brain........Oh heck you guys win here

• Quandry
    Quandry

I've had eye surgery. Have it as soon as possible to retain the eyesight you have left. Wish you the best.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

So where's the update, Was?

Are you still with us?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Belated best wishes for you, Wasa.

Sorry for your suffering and for not saying so earlier.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit