Do you

by John Doe 16 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

When I was younger, storms were more scary. A big reason was because we raised cattle, and the cattle would be out in the storm. Every time I'd see an intense flash of light and feel the walls shake I'd be afraid it had struck some livestock. We never lost more than one at a time, but we had known some people who had lost most of a herd with one strike.

Think of cattle pastures. Many of them are relatively flat with relatively few trees. Now, think about where cattle gather in the heat and rain. Yup, under those trees. Now, think about how many trees you've that have been blown apart by lighting. Cattle aren't the smartest creatures in the world. I'd say they're about even with Canadians.

The worst catastrophe I'd hear of was a bunch of cattle standing along a fence line. Barbed wire is metal, and conducts electricity well. I guess you can imagine what it would do to a bunch of cows standing along a fence line.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Cattle aren't the smartest creatures in the world. I'd say they're about even with Canadians.

Now, John.

I had a friend who was an elder: he and his brother both were struck by lightening, separately, but twice each in their driveway. Doug had flip-flops on one of the times and the lightening sent him straight up into the air and flipped him over before he landed. I always kinda figured neither one of them was quite right in the head. After that explanation, it all made sense.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I guess you can imagine what it would do to a bunch of cows standing along a fence line.

Bar-B-Que?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    What name do you hear when the sound of the thunderous rainstorm calls?

Murray Silverstein.

Am I the only one?

• Mandette
    Mandette

I run to watch it!!!! LOVE storms......and I watch for tornados....I've seen one in my life and wouldn't mind seeing another..........(I'm goofy)....and maybe some straight line winds will occur....baby needs a new garage and some tree work.....

Mandette

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

No, but my wife and all her cats do....

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit