Update on my situation

by BonaFide 12 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Actually, not much to tell. At the bookstudy on Thursday, one of the elders that is "investigating" me called on me to comment. He didn't call on me to pray though. Afterward, he gave me a KM. But still, three weeks have gone by and they have not scheduled a judicial meeting. I am not sure why, they said they have a second witness against me, but their second witness is a member of my family that I supposedly confessed to years ago. I never confessed to anything to anyone in my family that was serious.

At the convention on sunday, I went because my family goes to that one, some were nice to me and others were a little "cool." It was weird and sad because usually I get a lot of yells and hugs because I was a missionary, plus I like people, and I have a lot of friends. So the gossip has gotten around that a sister was reproved publicly, and she named me as the other person involved. How everyone seems to know that is beyond me.

My mom has called me several times and urged me to confess. She has also called my friends at Bethel, and in different states, telling them I have done something wrong and refuse to confess. She speaks to me in cryptic words, saying that my friends will be there for me but only if I confess. My invitations to go in field service are getting less and less, so are invitations to go eat.

Wow this is hard.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

The rumor mill is churning
    and you're in the wash

Many of those friends may be conditional
    Good Luck!!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    because usually I get a lot of yells and hugs because I was a missionary

Yes, you get used to all that attention. I know that personally. But its all a sham. Once you leave they won't be hootin and hollerin about ya.

Get out while the going is good. Don't let this cult continue to control your life,if you know its a scam.

A@G

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

(Don't take this poem too hard -- I am feelin' it)

The Big Man On Campus
    is now camp to us.
    Reduced to refuse,
    we refuse to greet
    this incubus.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

BF:

others were a little "cool."It was weird and sad becauseusually I get a lot of yells and hugs because I was a missionary, plus I like people, and I have a lot of friends. yeah...

I think the stopwatch at the Olympics is not accurate enough to catch how fast the dubs will turn on you once they get a whiff of trouble about you. One hundredthof a second?...more like one billionth.... you go from missionary/MTS grad to dog $hit in a split moment....

how disfunctional is the Organization anyway?... I am sure if I suddenly reappeared at the meetings that I would get a bunch of hugs and kisses at first......then the elders would start quietly whispering in people's ears that "you might want to be careful about Snakes..he has been gone awhile...give him a chance to prove loyal again..."

So the gossip has gotten around that a sister was reproved publicly, and she named me as the other person involved. How everyone seems to know that is beyond me.

come on man...you were an elder....you know the BOE/JC "confidentiality" is a Snare and a Racket..... elder to elder's wife to congregation grapevine..... also not timeable without an atomic clock....

Snakes ()

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Remember when we were JWs and we made rude remarks on the need for catholics to 'confess' their sins to anyone but God?

Sorry, Bonafide, to hear of the way they are treating you. Why are you still there? I mean, your own mom has hung you out to dry(which may explain more about the spotty shunning you have been receiving than the alleged woman's JC confession.) I mean-really! Your mom, and they haven't actually DONE anything to you yet! That is cold, man. . .

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- Listen to people. What makes you want to stay in this congregation where the elders and others abuse you ? Some form of self-inflicted , self-imposed guilt complex or something ? Dude, make life easier for yourself- fade and just go away from that congregation

• yknot
    yknot

Well I think your Eldums ain't got squat!

That is the number one reason a person gets marked, but not reproofed or DFd!

However it does provide a very nice window of opportunity..... to become 'depressed and burdened'.

Since your main goal is to keep your family, call your parents over the weekend and tell them you are really feeling depressed about how you are being treated. When they bring up confessing, tell them if there was anything to confess you would (be firm). Tell them you are going to be talking to your doctor soon about the depression and anxiety you are experiencing because of the shunning. Remind them you have only be accused, and not even by two witnesses. Reiterate your innocence, sigh heavily and then say "I guess it is in Jehovah's hands, lets pray the that ulterior motives do not block Jehovah's spirit from vindicating me".

This can buy you sometime until you can save up some money to move to another location outside of the territory.

PS Maybe there are some on this site who are in need of a roomate in whatever part of the world you call home.

Yknot .......of the perpetually marked class

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Hmm.... remeber that well,don't confess see what they do...You may go down in JW History!

Good Luck!

• mustang
    mustang
    Yes, you get used to all that attention.

Time to learn self-reliance. Maybe they did have a very weak case and were expecting to push the bluff to the max. But they're patient and expect that you will do something wrong or bolt and run. The worst thing for you to do is try to stick it out.

You are in the situation that the Russian dissidents used to get into: walk on the wild side and get noticed. Then you are watched forever and have done all you could ever do. You have to be a total straight arrow from now on. I wouldn't even try.

But put some distance between the rest of Dubs and yourself. Whether you want to leave or don't, shift gears and worry about yor future by refining or changing your career. It will keep you busy and sort of off their radar. Besides, you need the meal ticket. I turned career and moving into a real fade.

Mustang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit