uk attendance

by alexb123 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alexb123
    alexb123

does anyone know jw numbers in the uk cheers

• alexb123
    alexb123

Also has the numbers gone up or down over the last few years?

• veen
    veen

have

• wobble
    wobble

Meeting attendance figures are not published,though they were dropping in the last few years,esp. when looked at as % of so-called active Dubs.

September 2008 "Our Kingdom Ministry" shows a total for May 2008 of 128,243

I don't have previous figures to hand to compare,but it seems to me to be a nominal increase. As has been shown on this site,this increase is mainly from "born ins" and alowing for say a 2% loss through death and people moving abroad etc. this means a lot are leaving.If I can find figures for baptism etc. for previous years I will post them later. Bethel must be aware of the huge hole in the bottom of the bucket,but every seeming increase is haled as Jehovah's blessing.

Love

Wobble

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    I don't have previous figures to hand to compare,but it seems to me to be a nominal increase.

2007 Peak Witnesses in Britian taken from watchtower.org = 131,877.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Wait, are we saying the numbers took a hit in the UK this past year?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Expect that to change next year though. According to a poster on JWS from next month all parents will be allowed to count 4 hours for studying with their children each month. I would bet that many of the irregular publishers are parents. If the borg gives them permission to put four hours on a report slip they will be grateful to receive them and that will lift them out of "irregular" or "inactive status". What a wonderful increase we will see.Muttering

• dobbie
    dobbie

I was told i could count studies with my child about three yrs ago!(though i never did although they kept asking me if i had, cos to me that didn't count as ministry esp as he was only 3!)

• Gordy
    Gordy

I recall that just before I left that the number of JWs was 126,000 and a peak of 132,000. This later on dropped to 122,000 with a peak of 125,000.

So when JWs last year were going on to me about a 3% increase, making it 125,00 peak 131,000. I pointed out that they were still basically the same numbers they were ten years before. Could you call that increase?

It like a congregation having 100 members, losing 20, taking them down to 80, then 10 years later gaining 20. Claiming they have increased but in real terms, they are just were they were beforehand.

• dobbie
    dobbie

The sneaky little critters!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit