Brother Guy Pierce gave concluding talk at D.C. in Los Angeles

by BonaFide 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    we had steven lett at ou DC.

I had the displeasure of hearing that guy at an international convention a few years back reading a particularly nauseating scripted talk - "Beware the voice of strangers" - the one where he tells the little kiddies that their school friends are all liars who don't really love them and have a goal of ruining their spirituality. And he sounds like a demented Teddy Ruxpin.

• sir82
    sir82
    And he sounds like a demented Teddy Ruxpin .

LOL!

I knew I'd heard that voice somewhere before....

• Quandry
    Quandry

They've been running a one pony parade and it just reached city limits.
    Gary, you DO have such a way with words!!!!! You've made my day...

• willyloman
    willyloman

Guy looks old in that picture someone posted. In the 80's he was our PO and had lunch at our house on more than one occasion. His wife, Penny, was a real sweetheart. He was kind of goofy and a little grumpy. We had a hard time believing he was annointed, even back in then when we were staunch dub loyalists. There were some raised eyebrows around our house when he was appointed to the GB.

Of course, now, it all makes sense!

• White Dove
    White Dove

GP looks like Darth Vader unmasked

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There were 6 million JW`s in the 70`s..There`s 6 million now...........LOL!!.............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• LearningMore
    LearningMore

I must say that I wonder if the reason we all see disappointment with the r&f is because we are looking for it. Not to say that it isn't there, I just wonder if it is "more there" than it was before. I really haven't gone to any meetings since I faded and started looking at this site, so I can't say if I would see a difference. I just personally don't know of many who have left the organization or seem more downtrodden. With reference to Bonafide...I wonder if you are just coming at things from a different perspective than you used to. I wish there was some quantitative way to measure it, but I don't know if the stats are really out there...

• moshe
    moshe

Hey, I'm Smilin' Bob and I could give a motivational talk at a JW assembly- I'm out of work right now, too.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit