WT Historians: You can own Charter paperwork for WT Corporations1884-2003

by AndersonsInfo 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Today, I have made available through my website, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, an e-document containing the handwritten Watch Tower Corporation Charter, plus the following material as explained on my website.

"On December 13, 1884, Charles Taze Russell and his wife, Maria F. Russell, founded a corporation in Pennsylvania which they named, Zion’s Watch Tower Tract Society. The charter for that corporation was amended in 1896 changing the name to Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Not until approximately sixty years later was the Watch Tower Charter amended again and this time in a major way. This e-document contains a copy of all of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society corporate charter paperwork from 1884 until 2003 which was purchased from the Secretary of State’s Office in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

Also included in this file are corporate documents for two other legal associations founded by Charles Taze Russell: People’s Pulpit Association of NY and International Bible Student Association of the United Kingdom (IBSA). Eventually, the name, People’s Pulpit Association, was changed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York. Some paperwork for Watchtower of New York is provided in this e-document.

Never before has this much comprehensive corporate charter material connected with the religion known as Jehovah’s Witnesses been available for investigation before. Upon evaluating the material offered, little known facts were discovered that are listed in an “Observations” section of the file.

For convenience, 116 pages of corporate information can be downloaded to your computer as an e-document for a small fee through Lulu, a print-on-demand publisher."

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Barbara:

This is "great" news! We will pass the word!

Nevada!

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

They look good.

Why the "copyright watermark"?

IMO, it detracts from the "authentic feel" of the documents ....but shouldn't be a problem for my purposes.

Thank you for making the documents available.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

A question to those who have downloaded this document from Lulu.

Most JWs don't realize their 1945? charter reveals their committment to worship Jesus. Have they since modified that statement? If so, when?

Len Miller

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

There's over 116 pages to go through...so, I'm not sure. I don't think they've revised this to remove the statement about worshipping Jesus.

Thanks, Barbara, for putting this together. It's well worth the download. One big surprise...it wasn't until 1945 that they changed the Charter to specify that only men could be members and officers!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Very interesting, it gives ideas on how much this is a human established, owned and run organisation though presented as God's own organisation in order to deceive the naive.

• carla
    carla

Thank you!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I do not think the charter has been modified......would it be out of bounds to bring that up in a discussion with my wifes study sister and her po husband???? Probably too early!

• Mary
    Mary
    I do not think the charter has been modified......would it be out of bounds to bring that up in a discussion with my wifes study sister and her po husband???? Probably too early!

Yep....way too early hon.....just stick to their bonehead doctrines for now. Thanks for posting this Barb.....I'm definitely going to look into it.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

In reply to the question, "Why the watermark?" the reason is simple. I don't want to see this file all over the Internet without my permission. By compiling all the WT Charter documents into a pdf file, the material is now copyrighted in the name of Watchtower Documents LLC.

I know, I know, someone, especially a JW, is going to accuse me of trying to make money off of historical WT documents. Well, yes, in this case that's the idea. I would love to sell enough of these e-documents to pay for Watch Tower Documents LLC website expenses: the hosting charge, the fee the computer guy charges for putting all those free documents found on the website, and the $300.00 the State of Tennessee charges annually to corporations. Last year, I chose to make Watchtower Documents LLC a corporation to protect our personal assets from a certain organization who might not like what is on my website.

Last year, we broke even after we purchased the 5,000 pages of court documents found in the "Secrets of Pedophilia in an American Religion" CD because so many folks bought those documents. Now a year later, the CD hardly sells anymore, which was expected. Maybe, one "Secrets" CD sells per month and the profit is $8.57. However, those court documents surely damaged the WT image and rightly so because what they tried to hide wasn’t pretty!

I have never taken a dime for my labor and never will. In fact, when our expenses were completely covered through sales of the CD, I reduced the price to $14.95 and gave permission for the Commentary to be accessed for free; and it's the Commentary which has the most damning pages of court documents within its pages. Probably, the only folks who buy the CD now are the ones who are serious legal researchers into this serious child sexual abuse problem within the Watchtower such as attorneys who want to read every one of those 5,000 pages.

Here's more financial breakdown as I have nothing to hide: Lulu takes $2.00 out of the $10.00 I'm asking for the WT Charter e-document. I believe this e-document is worth $10.00. At any rate, not only is the material on the e-document important for researchers to study, all 116 pages can be printed out and shared with friends. And wait till they read the 2003 Restated and Amended Charter to see who directs the directors!

I could have put the Charter documents on a CD or maybe in a book, but the mailing expense just makes the CD or book a lot more expensive. In fact, Lulu is now charging over $11.00 to mail a CD and I think that’s ridiculous.

NOTE: In a few weeks, I'm going to offer another e-document which will have over 1,000 pages. One file in the e-document has never before been published. It's a manuscript of over 600 pages handwritten by an early Watch Tower corporation director, and is religious in nature. Plus, I'm including that same manuscript in a typed version for easier reading. If that isn't enough, there are scans of all pages from two books written in 1905 by this same person. And the best part of all, the manuscript’s author’s here-to-fore unknown history will be included in a commentary written by me. This e-document will be a researcher's delight. I will also charge a small fee for downloading all of this important historical material.

So folks, the idea behind these small fees is to keep an important website such as Watch Tower Documents on the Internet where so many can benefit from reading the material found there. This way, everybody who purchases any material offered is contributing to the website’s existence. In the coming months, I will be putting some interesting letters on the website that contain financial facts about two WT presidents that might surprise you. So keep checking in to see what’s new.

Barbara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit