8/19/2008 DEAR ABBY

by Sobeit 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

My wife reads Dear Abby pretty often. Hopefully she hits that one. I try to share "normal" people's views of JWs with her as often as I can.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I lliked the person who said she'd listen to them at $40 an hour. Sounds like a good plan.

• karen96
    karen96

That was great! I also love the idea of charging them for my time

karen

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I read the link and I agree that these suggestions will work in most cases. But, sadly they will not work for all.

Even if you angrily insist that they mark something on a territory card as a do-not-call, somebody either not paying attention or not caring will ring your bell at some point. Sometimes I wonder if they deliberately call on somebody who isn't interested just so they can have a good laugh in their car group. Some have a very unconcerned attitude. I worked door to door once with somebody who didn't notice a No Trespassing sign and I had to stop her.

So, even with a door clearly marked with a No Trespassing or No Soliciting sign and a territory card marked as a do-not-call, you can still have somebody ring your door bell.

LHG

• willyloman
    willyloman

Reading Dear Abby this morning, I was struck by how differently I reacted to it than I would have just a few years ago. Things sure look different from the other side, don't they?

• frozen one
    frozen one

Things are pretty bad when Dear Abby starts to persecute witnesses. The end must be really close.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit