New Arrangements for Theocratic Ministry School 2009

by iloowy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

so basically no Instruction Talk or Speech Quality

• yknot
    yknot

NEW vs OLD

ASSIGNMENT NO. 1: 4 minutes or less. . ..............vs............. ASSIGNMENT NO.1 : 10 minutes
    ASSIGNMENT NO. 2: 5 minutes. ...........................vs............ ASSIGNMENT NO.2 : 4 minutes or less
    ASSIGNMENT NO. 3: 5 minutes............................vs............ ASSIGNMENT NO.3 : 5 minutes ASSIGNMENT NO.4: eliminated............................vs............ ASSIGNMENT NO.4 : 5 minutes

____________________________________________________________________________________ 14 minutes 24 minutes

Nice..... less time stuck in that box the better

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

#4 was the only one that took any research! This was my only opportunitiy to share any real truth.

But they gave more time to the totally brain-dead #2!

• willyloman
    willyloman

#4 was the only one that took any research! This was my only opportunitiy to share any real truth.

But they gave more time to the totally brain-dead #2!

Yes, there's clearly a trend here...

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Did someone say ...

alt

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Excuse me guys - you have read it wrong - there is still a number 4 talk - read carefully

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

HIGHLIGHTS FROM BIBLE READING: 10 minutes. ASSIGNMENT NO. 1: 4 minutes or less. Reading delivered by a brother. ASSIGNMENT NO. 2: 5 minutes. Should be assigned to a sister. ASSIGNMENT NO. 3: 5 minutes. Should be assigned to a brother or a sister. Students prepare the assignment based on the title indicated. If no references are provided, the student will need to gather material by doing research in our publications. When assigned to a brother, this part may be given as a talk with the Kingdom Hall audience in mind. When a sister is given this part, it should always be presented as outlined for Assignment No. 2. Please note that themes with an asterisk next to them should always be assigned to brothers - whenever possible to elders or ministerial servants - to develop as talks. So - no Speech Quality No Instruction Talk Still Bible Highlights Number 1 talk is the old number 2 talk Number 2 talk is the old number 3 talk Number 3 talk is the old number 4 talk

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

The organization is certainly putting forth a concerted effort to eliminate any kind of individual creativity in terms of research and delivery. The programs are becoming more robotic and mechanical. It is amazing to me how the leadership who crafted these changes can fool themselves into thinking that the friends are upbuilt by this.

I have wondered why the organization does not simplify even further and just pre-record the talks onto a CD. They could simply have the students go up to the platform and lip-sync the talks. After all, aren’t they already doing this with the dramas?

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

"The organization is certainly putting forth a concerted effort to eliminate any kind of individual creativity in terms of research and delivery. The programs are becoming more robotic and mechanical."

It amazes too. When my wife was at the meeting on Sunday I read through a spare copy of the Watchtower for the study for that day. Now a days it instructs which scriptures are to be read. As far as I can see, it would take me no preparation at all to give a model Watchtower study. Just get up ask the questions and get the scriptures read. I think that the average witness must be totally bored out of their minds.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks for clearing that up stilla. That does seem to make more sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit