Something for the agnostics and atheists - Divine Spark still there

by Octarine Prince 19 Replies latest social current

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Dora... Not a miracle, but a heartwarming story nonetheless.

A good post which I concur with.

Heartwarming as this story is, if it had been about a tape worm in a human that survived attempts to kill it, I doubt that the story would be used to prove the existence of god.

Lots of things warm my heart but proving the existence of god would have to appeal to my rationality.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I fully agree that the story was amazing and heartwarming... it's what all parents of a stillborn child would hope for...

But this has become a debate due to the thread title:

Re: Something for the agnostics and atheists - Divine Spark still there

That is why we ask... what does this heartwarming story have to do with a divine spark or with atheism?

Had the thread been titled: "Baby born dead was actually alive" we would not be having this debate

• undercover
    undercover
    This is not impressive to anyone who has seen The Princess Bride.

The baby was only mostly dead. There's a difference between mostly dead and all dead.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    I hope she survives, she is a little fighter by the sound of it :)

I think you missed my post. The baby died the next day. It was on the news.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Since the baby dies, does that mean that god is also dead?

S

• dobbie
    dobbie

With someone who had a 27wker its very sad she died, thoughtbh she may have had permanent damage not having much oxygen. Poor little mite.

But to me (and don't eat me its only my opinion!) this proves that there isn't any God or he wouldn't have let her be born too soon, and die anyway.

• lilybird
    lilybird

That is just more proof for me anyways that there isn't a god who cares. Why allow a mother to have hope that her child will survive only to lose her baby later.How heartbreaking for the mother.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    This is not impressive to anyone who has seen The Princess Bride.

The baby was only mostly dead!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Dead babies... hmmm.... second thread I read today with dead babies...

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Is this divine because it's in Jerusalem? The chances of survival of an infant born prior to 24 weeks gestation is extremely slim.

This is a sad story and I feel for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit