ok does this letter to congregation sound ok?

by dobbie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

Following on again from my posts re elder not leaving wheni asked etc i am sending a letter to the elders about it and saying not tocall. Could you cast your peepers over it please and let me know what you think?Of course they may d'f hubby if i get him to sign it also but its what hes waiting for so than won't matter!

This week (elders name) called on our house whilst 'working' our street, despite our having a sign stating 'no religious callers' that he has seen before.

I asked him politely to put his bible away in view of this, he rufused as i am "not the head of the house". Would he have been so disrespectfu to a 'normal' householder? I asked again and to leave but he wouldnot. If he hopes to entice myself or husband back by such arrogance he is far out, y husband was also disgusted with it.

We would request that we are not called upon by any witnesses engaged in the 'ministry work', esp as i feel your religion is guilty of apostasy and very controlling ie shunning those that leave so that jws are too scared to leave and others come back purely to have contact with loved ones - hardly the right reason for returning is it?

If this continues we will seek advice on what action we can take, in my mind if an unwanted caller will not leave when asked they are harassing us. May i recommend you all read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz, i suggest this out of affection for all of you who i believe are being misled. Really when you are told you cannot independently research your own religion it should set alarms bells off ringing tbh. Yours faithfully blah

Any points for me or do you think that may scare them off?lol

• shamus100
    shamus100

IT'S UNACCEPTABLE! DO IT AGAIN!

No, it sounds nice.

They still won't care, though. Sorry.

• dobbie
    dobbie

LOL! I know they won't but it makes me feel better esp to wind them up and call them apostates they'd hate that!

• undercover
    undercover

This week (elders name) called on our house whilst 'working' our street, despite our having a sign stating 'no religious callers' that he has seen before.

I asked him politely to put his bible away in view of this, he refused as i am "not the head of the house". The fact that the "head of the house" was not present is not important. When I ask someone to leave, I expect them to leave.

We would request that we are not called upon by any witnesses engaged in the 'ministry work' as we are aware of the teachings and don't need to discuss it further.

If this continues we will take whatever legal action necassary in order to protect our family from this continuing harrasement.

And then send it registered mail.

I wouldn't even go into anything else. Leave it plain and simle, i.e. leave us alone or we'll take action...

• dobbie
    dobbie

Undercover that sounds v good, except thatthe 'head of house' WAS present but too scared to speak up for himself.

• White Dove
    White Dove

But, it doesn't matter that he was there or not.

That is the point.

Are you sending it to English language readers or Greek?

If it's in English, be sure and have someone who is proficient in that language proof and edit it for you.

Sounds good otherwise.

I like Undercover's editing.

There should be a period after the word "this" in the second sentence and a capital 'H' in the word "he" in the third sentence.

You don't want comma splices in a business letter or any other letter:)

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

If you are the legal property owner and someone does not leave your premises when you ask them to they can be charged with trespassing,

never mind some 2000 year old biblical law that states a woman has no authority over a man, this asshole jerk of an elder really thinks he is the power doesn't he,

well next time he comes to the door and pulls that same stunt call the police and have him removed by them , then he'll come to realize who is the power.

What you could also write in your letter, just to stop this from happening again is state that you want to be put on the " Do not call list "

that should save you from this predicament in the future.

And also ask to be D.F and DA.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Good comment from Homover...

How about register a simple letter, and if the 'elder' comes back, just call 911 and humour him until the authorities come by. Show the police the letter, and bob's your uncle.

G'day.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Thanks White Dove, yes it is going in English, just my bad version of it lol!(Not really in Greece though i'd love to be!)

Thanks Homerovah and Shamus will go down the letter line first and will ask someone i know about trespass laws etc as they were connected with police force.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Dobbie's address is on the do not call list, isn't it? Or was that someone else?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit