You've finally got one!

by Angharad 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

So what does everyone think of Bush finally winning.

Is it a good thing?

• Seven
    Seven

Angharad, President George W. Bush-that's not a good thing. It's a great thing, IMO. Spoken like a true Republican here. I cast my vote for him-my first presidential election.
    We the people, now have the perfect opportunity to make certain we never have another election from Gehenna, where voters don't cast their ballots properly and are unaware of procedures and regulations to make their votes count. It's up to the people to educate themselves concerning these policies-open your eyes and ears!! Read and learn to comprehend what you're reading. Above all, ask questions!
    This isn't a new problem. Problems with voting machines, ballot boxes, absentee ballots and the like occur during every election but because of the closeness of this one, now it's all of sudden unfair. Give me a break. Make voting uniform across the nation. A suggestion was made to use pictures of the candidates beside their written name for those voters who have trouble reading(a politically correct way of saying illiterate). Only in America. It's time to shed our image as a nation of dumbasses. The world can only be shaking their collective heads.

Seven

• TR
    TR

Seven,

I'm with ya! It was my first time voting in a presidential election, also.

• thinker
    thinker

And here I thought it was all my fault there was such a hoopla, with the vote. I figured the wrath of god had taken over because I voted.[8>]

• thinker
    thinker

Ooops! Last post by thinker was actually Thinkers Wife. My first vote ever, and at the ripe old age of forty. Thinkers Wife

• Carmel
    Carmel

Actually,

This is the first US election I have not voted in since I turned 21 about 780 years ago! Being over seas and not able to access the information I felt I needed to make an intelligent choice, I let the money gods of the election chose for me. Actually I had hoped that McCain and Bradley would have been the successful candidates so that no matter who won, there would be some fresh ideas and a chance for election reform. Since Howdy Doody and Pinochio were the eventual choices, I saw no need to decide between two bad choices.

So goes the world and the golden rule of american politics, He who has the gold, rules!

Carmel checking his hanging chad

• TR
    TR

Carmel,

Carmel checking his hanging chad

So, howz it hangin'!

Seriously though, I was actually hoping McCain would win over Bush, but I guess Howdy Doody will have to do. May be something to do with McCain being a Vietnam vet, imprisoned and tortured. We wouldn't want him going "postal" on the country. I don't see how anyone could come away from that and be sane.

TR- who used to work with people that went "postal"

• Carmel
    Carmel

hey TR,

I checked my "hanging chad" and it turned out to be just a "dimple".
    Every time I tried to think of "casting my vote" visions of fourEYES danced in my head and, well, you know what happens when you go swimming in icy water...

carmel sure the old broad will start my personal armegeddon soon

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Dimple Cheeks,

I'm taking the high road on this one. Why don't you two, well, uh, men, go on over and put your two dimpled cents in on the Hello? Hello? Hello? thread.

I'm sure all are awaiting your background - get to know the "real" you? Dimples and all.

Frozen Water Waiting

As for the election: It's not enough I won the popular vote. I need the intelligent people also. Adlaid Stevenson

• larc
    larc

Gore would have won in Florida if had reassembled the OJ Dream Team. Johny Cochran would have used the catchy phrase "keep it simple, count the dimple." There's a civics lesson to be learned here - on election day, vote and vote often.

Ohio State lost to Michigan in football this year. Before the Bowl game deadline, Ohio State is asking for a recount.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit