Damn, what an obituary!

by Yizuman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    she gave birth to the jerk who wrote this about his own mother. wow, some people never grow up.

Wednesday, perhaps you and others are basing your reaction on comparison of how you feel about your mother.

Obviously, you treasure your mother and she must have been very kind, loving, and devoted to her family. I am so glad you had that happiness in your life.

Have you ever stopped to remember that some mothers do actually hate their children, use them, abuse them, torture them, physically maim them, do a great deal of psychological harm that cripples them emotionally? Some mothers have sold their children, some have put them out into the sex-slave trade, some have damaged them by putting vodka or cough syrup in their bottles even as helpless infants. Some mothers even eat their children. Some mothers have been known to put their children in microwaves or ovens because they wanted them to stop crying or believed them to be demon posessed.

Maybe the woman above was a mother like that.

Maybe this person is telling it like it is instead of suffering from Stockholm syndrome and cannonizing a demon.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    if you have nothing good to say- Say nothing at all.

a stone cold obits says more than you think.

That is the wisest thing. I agree with what you said and that would have been my action.

However, the person that wrote this obit probably got a lot off his chest and felt good about having the final word.

Even so, from the sound of it, looks like they need to spend a loong time in therapy to achieve being able to let it go.

What really surprises me is that any editor would allow his newspaper to print such a thing.

I would have thought something like that would be censored.

Looks like it sets a precedence for open season now!

• fern
    fern

I'm sure writing that obit was VERY theraputic. I have a career dealing with very difficult people and there are PLENTY of very very bad people out there who do nothing but spread misery around especially to the people who are closest. Be very glad if you've never known anyone like this. I hope this family finds some peace now. I don't agree with not writing anything at all. Maybe he did write the nicest things he could think of.

Fern

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

This is all I get:

You may have reached a URL that is invalid. Please click here to go to our homepage.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit