My Wife Has Been Rejected by the Borg....

by XxJazzxX 8 Replies latest jw friends

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

When I first came on to the JWD, I mentioned that my wife was DF'd JW seeking reinstated. Well, just a few days ago she has been rejected. It seems the Elder's needed more time to decide. Knowing how frustrated and upset my wife seemed, and starting to see just a little bit of what they really do, she still takes up for them; saying "They're just protecting the congregation."

Hearing this just made me angry! How dare they try to make an example out of her!! Not to mention her parents arent making it any better by badgering her about what she had done in the past (which i must say is really none of their business anyways).

I'm trying to help her see the Borg for what it is, rather than attacking what doctrines they teach directly, any tips on my approach on this subject, friends?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Well good news I guess. At least she's "out" for a while longer.

What are they protecting the congregation from? Look at the scripture that says "anyone DOING these things" should be avoided. Ask her what of those things in the list she is DOING? If none, then where are the JWs getting their material? Not the bible obviously.

• Quandry
    Quandry

When I first came on to the JWD, I mentioned that my wife was DF'd JW seeking reinstated. Well, just a few days ago she has been rejected. It seems the Elder's needed more time to decide. Knowing how frustrated and upset my wife seemed, and starting to see just a little bit of what they really do, she still takes up for them; saying "They're just protecting the congregation

The elders want her to realize the power they have over her. Another good long dose of shunning, humiliation, condescention and berating ought to do the trick. She is sorry? Just not sorry to the degree that they would like to see. They want more groveling......after all, they will be princes in the new system after Armageddon.....they are worthy.....she is not.....

On a side note-if you continue to argue the Trinity, you will become more frustrated, and she will dig in her heels to defend. Why not examine some of the stories on this forum of those who have been mistreated and shunned, some even at a very young age, and discuss those with her?

• reniaa
    reniaa

there are many ex-elders on this site who you can ask about why they would have someone continue waiting. I don't think its as simplistic as the above poster would have us believe.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah protecting the congo. Never mind the illustration by jesus, of the shepherd who leaves the 99 sheep to save the 1.

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

I'd focus on how she is feeling if I were you. Mention it doesn't seem very Christlike to keep a repentant person outside the congregation. That if anything its very un-christlike. Here's the twisted thing about Dfing, alot of does depend on who you are, your social status in the cong. etc. I've known people who've been made to wait at least a year, (like myself) and people who are forgiven before then, including admitted pedophiles, guess it helps that they were elders and good buddies with the BOE. It's sickening and disgusting. Good luck with it all.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I'm trying to help her see the Borg for what it is, rather than attacking what doctrines they teach directly, any tips on my approach on this subject, friends?

One of the urban myths they have is the fabled love in the cong. Apologists will always say that "It is just This cong that is lacking, the rest are OK " - Help her see by all the anecdotes on this board that it is the same everywhere..

In terms of seeing the WTS as fraud. I was shocked by the U N Scandal , and I was amazed to see how they miss quote other writers in their books - that is dishonesty..

Reinstatement hearings are all about listening to what the applicant says. They will consider, Has enough time elapsed? (very elastic in my experience) What does he/she say? Do they express real repentence? Do they accept totally the blame? Do they say the right things to make the elders believe that they really want to be back in the J W's - for the right reasons....

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I would start with little topics, like did you know that we use to never be able to take immunizations, symbols in the mags,

Beth Sarim, pyramids etc....

And show her directly from the Wt Volumes... Theres lots of things to bring up...

Thats how my husband approached me with things...not trying to tear my belief structure down or convince me I was so wrong,

but to show me why he was thinking the way he was, this allowed me to be able to counter the discussion.

He always used Wt publications to show me various things, eventually he was able to move on to doctrines and other

outside sources of info not Wt related.. Because I'm a show me in print kind of girl...lol

Franz gives references to Wt publications so if you keep his topics in mind you can work from there.

h40

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Maybe this is what your wife needs to see through all the cracks. Seems to me, some people really like to hold on to a punishing belief system ... too bad.

Oh, can you feel the love!!!

Best thing the elders ever did for me was disfellowship me. They gave me the boost I needed to get on with my life and start thinking for myself. I would not dream of going back. I've come too far to look back now.

Hugs to your wife.

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit