If you want to stay in touch

by Uzzah 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I think 10 years is about long enough to be hanging out on JW related boards. Its been an interesting and educational ride folks. I was already out mentally and had planned my fade when I found H20 late in 96. Who woulda thunk that I would end up running the friggin site?!?! Many a sleepless night and pretty much thankless job modding a discussion board made up of cultists and those who depart from it. I admire Simon and Ang for the intestinal fortitude they demonstrated keeping it alive this long!

I've encountered amazing people too numerous to list, those who were hurting, the angry, the bitter, those wanting to help. I also saw vile excuses for humanity appear who inflicted humiliation and upset for their own pleasure. But just like most cross-sections of humanity the good far outweighed the bad. The trick is not to waste 80% of your energy on the 20%. Lesson learned.

I'll still likely get involved in the legal battles if I see the Bethel lawyers lying to the courts again (like I did in the Hughes case for example) but otherwise I am done. Life is too exciting to continue thinking and caring about the past. I've done my penance for the things I did as an elder and Bethelite. (one of the main reasons I accepted the job as ForumDirector at H20 - guilt)

But my life is good. I move into my first home (3 bedroom bungalow with a nice yard, deck and woodshop) in two weeks. My career is flourishing. I have plenty of friends and acquaintences. SCREW YOU WATCHTOWER! I am happier and more content and at peace with myself now then I ever was a JW. To me that is the best revenge.

If you want to stay in touch, drop me a PM with your contact information and I will do likewise in return. I wish all a good life, happiness and contentment away from the clutches of the BORG. You deserve to be happy. Make it happen.

Be well

"J" "Mod101" "FD2" (H20 daze)

"Kismet" "Uzzah" (JWD alias)

Going forward - John

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

i've been missing you!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

All the best Uzzah, and congrats on the new home!

W

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Take care now Uzzah - I hope we cross paths from time to time even so.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hey Uzzah

I really enjoyed meeting you earlier this year and I also very much appreciate the personal sacrifices you have made helping out with legal cases and appearing on television. You put didn't just talk about bringing the watchtower down, but you put yourself on the front lines. You have all my respect for the work you do.

Also congrats on the new home. If you ever are out this way again, I would enjoy to see you again and catch up on the latest. Or, if I should ever make to your neck of the woods.., well there seems to be a whole list of posters from your area, including yourself, that I would enjoy meeting. I'll pm you my email addy again.

Take care of yourself and have a good one!

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit