Where do we go now?

by whyizit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• whyizit
    whyizit

Where are most of the people here going to go now? I would love to stay in contact. When is the final day?

Of course, I just found out and am still in shock. Now the panic of losing touch with friends I only know on this forum and only know how to contact through this forum is setting in.

How do we stay connected?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Stick around here - it's not going to close for posting until later in the year according to Simon.

In the meantime, you might like to try Moxie's place at http://jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/phpBB3/.

• DJK
  • Yizuman
    Yizuman

JWS is outgrowing most other forums atm as many familiar posters are signing up there.

Yiz

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Since I'm not one for all the fluff threads and games, I'm staying put on JWD until it closes. There is still enough activity here to keep me busy and it even seems that there is higher ratio of threads that catch my attention now.

Waiting until the end of the year to make a decision gives the other forums time to work out the kinks and I can see for myself how they develop. There are a few that I have my eye on.

Regarding keeping connected with old friends, there were a few threads started last week by posters offering to keep a log of people's email addresses. I think Yknot had one going and Terry had another. The Flippers already have a phone list (probably the size of a small city~~!!) and I'm sure they've been adding to it this week.

I have pm'd my info to a few select people but am avoiding the larger, collective lists because I don't know how they will be managed. For a bit I thought I'd want to be included in a mailing list of some sort but then realized that it could expose me to unsolicited spamming and other weirdities. (I just finally got my spam under control - don't want to fuel it back up.)

Also, while I'm very respectful of other people's privacy, not everyone is. Just because I may chat with someone on line, does not mean that I'm OK with someone else giving that person my cell # or private email address. Maybe I'm just a tad paranoid or anti-social but I'm just not comfortable making that info available to just anyone who comes along.

Welcome back, whyizit. Sorry you got hit with the sudden shock. All of know how you feel. Well... Some saw it coming, but it was still pretty news-worthy.

-Aude.

• oompa
    oompa

The two mentioned already have great promise........maybe this will make Simon feel better unfortunately!!!....I would still rather this fine established forum continue as is, even though there are some nice NEW features at the new forums. The bottom line is that JWD is a proven entity.......who knows how much spine the other forums will have.....but I hope they both flourish if JWD goes non-active..............oompa

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

what I did was send a private message to those I have come to like and ask if they wanna exchange emails.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Where do we go now?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm going out for a butt.

W

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I intend to stay right here until the forum closes. I also have an account on JWS, which is the faster growing both by visitors and membership as of present.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I would hate to lose out on the names and numbers of those I have had for years. I think seeing jwd coming to an end will be sad, but I will stay on board until the very end.

Then I will see where I will go to next.

orangefatcat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit