Identify three persons that helped mold you in to who you are today.

by Thechickennest 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I think I am having a sort of mid-life crises. The other night I began to wonder who were the people that influenced me the most in a postitive manner, making me who I am today.

1.) My third grade teacher. She taught me many life lessons. She seen the positive in all her students no matter how dim or hard to handle they were. She taught me penmanship, that is in itself is a lost art.

2.) My Dad showed me how to make a living inspite of the challenges that get in the way. He wore an artifical leg above the knee for the last 35 years of his 75. He made a good living in a very physical occupation. He wore out many artificial legs!

3.) My wife has showed me what unconditional love really is.

How about you? It is a good thing to focus on the positive or, maybe some negative if it has made you a better person. This does not have to be about being or not being a JW. Want to share?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

My mother and father and my high school chemistry teacher

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

a 4th person would be the JW mentor who "brought me into the "truth"" a contemporary and pioneer partner of HS

• AnneB
    AnneB

1. My grandmother: no one has ever cared about me the way she did. I miss her every day.

2. My mother: taught me how to survive in the business world when I should have been outside playing; showed me how *not* to raise children.

3. The "sister" who "studied" with me: devoted, persistent, generous, outspoken; not always "right" but showed by example how to stand up for what I believed..

• mouthy
    mouthy

My Grandmother,

Mr Todd my teacher.

I cant even think of a third.

• wednesday
    wednesday

An elder who was a mentor. He taught me " nothing is fair and you have no rights" I thank him for not sugar coating reality.

A psychologist from the middle east. Without this person I would not be here today, as I was a broken, fractured soul when he met me.

A jws friend from England who " adopted me" as my own family had little interest in me. Of course that got me into jws, ( my family were inactive jws- -) but without her I'd been ended up on the streets. Fair is fair.

That's why I put up that song in Tyrone's "to sir with love" thread. . The Meat Loaf song " Objects in the rear view mirror".

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

My mother, she showed me that a woman didn't need a man in her life to be happy(it helps but not needed). she taught me how to be the woman I am today.

My Grandmother Carol, she is almost 85 and still is very active for her age, she knits, crochets, and quilts all by hand. and if she is not up in a hospital she can still kick my butt in mowing the grass.

My Grandmother Mary, I lost her at an early age. but her faith in Jesus is still alive in me today. I was her angel when I was born due to I looked like her daughter that she had just lost about 5 years before I was born. she loved me whole heartly I could never do anything wrong.

I was truely blessed by have 3 very strong women in my life. and still am to this day. Not a day goes by and I don't thank the Lord above for my many blessings. I have several more but I will only use these 3

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

My Dad: He showed me about integrity, taught me to have a strong work ethic, and he delighted us with the wonders of the great outdoors.

My Mom: Showed me how to love unconditionally and she taught me loyalty to friends and especially to family above all.

My Wife: She taught me to be unselfish and generous in everything that I undertake.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

tony boyland

bill blyth

martin beresford

my loving judicial commitee

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

JRR Tolkien . . provided escape from the mind numbing kult when I was a teen ager, i read the trilogy more than 6 times during HS

My father . . . showed me what I DID NOT want to be when I grew up, a two faced philandering hypocrit witnoid/elder/po/pioneer who instilled in me a feeling of total absolute worthlessness that at 55 I still struggle with every day.

Mrs LoB . . . her unconditional love and support for the last 20 years saved my life and makes me want to be a better man. Yeah I stole that line but there is no better way to say it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit