I like the feel of JWR

by Awakened at Gilead 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I'm signing into this forum... hope more will join soon....

Note... this forum includes the "Active Topics" button so helpful at JWD. Also, the site master is Moxie, who has created a number of useful JW videos and a blog about JWs and religion. Check out her YouTube account at http://www.youtube.com/user/VanCoffeeChick

A@G

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

A@G I think most have already headed over to amama's site at JWsupportforum.com
    It has a lot of info at bottom...not only active topics that are easliy linked but also a stats button at bottom that tells you who posted most and where..
    you can also see where all your friends are on the site at any time and see what they curremtly comenting on..(topic) or what topic they are reading...kinda neat
    a lot of bells and whisltes that blew mw away...and wait till you see the karma thing...good clean post and people give you good karma...bad post people give you bad karma...helps weed out any trolls or trouble makers..

But I know a few have accounts at more than one site ,so I will have to check out JWR as well.
    StoneWall

• Moxie
    Moxie

Yes the JW Support Forum is getting off to a quick start and is a terrific site. I'm signing up to be part of a number of the new communities springing up, I'm not going to limit myself to just one. I did want to mention that the JW Recovery site (JWR) also has the "view members online" so people can see who's online and what their looking at. There is also a feature to remain hidden if you prefer your privacy, which I think is also important. It is a useful feature though, combined with active topics and the ability for users to create polls and get feedback that is visually represented in the topic/thread. Anyway, look forward to seeing you around at the different online communities... my primary residence will of course by JWR. ~Moxie

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Moxie, your videos are great!

What is the URL to your forum?

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Yes, I respect Moxie and her very well written material and have just signed up thanks to your recommendation.

The link: JehovahsWitnessRecovery.com

I also like the sound of the rules and guidelines.

Regarding forum features, you'll find that most software has the 'active topics' one, and a very useful one which JWD sorely misses is 'new posts' which lists only those topics which you have not as yet read, enabling you to go straight to the new material of your choice.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

I agree. I will sign up for Moxie's forum.

I have signed up at JWS as well... there are a lot of people posting over there.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Thanks EO for posting the link... http://jehovahswitnessrecovery.com... There's been a bunch who have signed up since yesterday.

• TheListener
    TheListener

We're like seeds being scattered by the wind.

I hope to land with a clump of familiar seeds so I'll sign up too.

Thanks for the link.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Have signed up as well, so far the response time for concerns has been great!!!

I am on four sites, and right now just sort of monitoring for how they are going, what level of respect they keep up and also if the forum stays as helpful to jw issues rather than a huge social site....with what I am going through with my wife, I need some support and encouragement!!

• Darklighter
    Darklighter

Great forum maxie! It's got a nice tight, "clean" feel to it. I've been at JWS mostly lately... But I'll try to support both because we need more websitels like this.

Information = People leaving the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit