Review of the 2008 Guided by God’s Spirit District Convention

by Olin Moyles Ghost 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

olin

we had the great steven lett(i think thats right)of the GB and he did the last talk sunday. what pissed me off is that at the beginning of the DC, he made a comment that he was just a "regular brother, no different from anybody here", but afterwards had a line of fools to get a picture of them next to a GB member! geez! most had envelopes no doubt with cash to give him. it woulda been funny to give him an envelope with aposta-money someone on this board invented!

• halcyon
    halcyon

That's bothered me since I was in high school twenty-five years ago. All these kids get up on stage (pretty much every year) and talk about the scholarship that they turned down. And I wonder, schools don't just award scholarships to people who haven't taken the SAT, which is ONLY a college entrance exam. So I skipped the SAT like a good little witness girl and never got a scholarship offer. Never mind that I graduated at the top of my class with a higher-than-4.0 GPA. If you don't make college plans, you don't get offered scholarships.

So why was *I* never on the platform, bragging about how I didn't take the SAT?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And since when does everyone need to reach out for "privileges"? I wonder what would happen to this board if everyone reached out for, and got, the assignment of being administrators. That is exactly what happens in the witless congregation when all the men reach out and become hounders.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and of course on the last day Song Number 8 was played

• stillajwexelder
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

For those tha thave forgotten Song Number 8 is "LOYALLY SUBMITTING TO THEOCRATIC ORDER"

• still_in74
    still_in74

Olin,

You have a strong stomach.

well then I guess I do to! I sat through the whole dam thing. But Lance texting me all 3 days helped!!

• milliemootoo
    milliemootoo

Eww, I feel sick now so glad I never have to sit through another DC

• yknot
    yknot

I wonder if they ever pipe in happy gas to those things...... I mean by lunch on Saturday I was feeling guilty for my 'unfaithfulness to the borg'

Luckily several friends had sent me MP3s of their DCs and I was able to keep myself focused after lunch by see just how much of a propaganda filled scripted pep rally it really is by listen to them during the 'dear brother's' talk..... right down to the pauses and personal experiences..... I think the WTS should give out some sort of emmy awards for best delivery.

I also think the writers of the WTS 3-day shows should quit the non-prophet and get jobs as professional writers..... they would be in the $$$$$.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Thanks Ghost.

I would have real trouble sitting through a DC these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit