Was There Any 1 Thread or Post or Subject That REALLY Got You Thinking???

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me, I was attracted to concrete proofs, facts, published information that showed conclusively the errors of the Watchtower. I LOVE seeing posts that prove the Watchtower's hypocrisy.

I very much enjoyed reading anything historical from pre-Bible Students time to the present day. Farkel had some great threads about Rutherford and his women. Very educatiional!

To me, facts are what it's all about.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

yes this one....

got me wondering what you are gonna do with your day once jwd is gone.

not for long tho....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

it's a date then

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Anything with hardline documentation of the wt being busted then backpedalling.

• minimus
    minimus

The UN debacle was fun.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

As the posters above me have already said:

Proof that the the Society couldn't handle the truth!!!

Cover-ups, lies, and bullshit, oh my.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I am not sure if it was on this website but what shocked me was the real truth about the 1975 prophecy. I had always been told that those friends who believed that 1975 was going to be the end were just mistaken. That they had misinterpreted something or made more out of it than there really was. I discovered that they believed that 1975 was going to be the end due to numerous articles in the magazines and publications. I was stunned. That led me to do some more research and I ended up finding JWD. And you know how the rest of the story goes. :) Thank goodness, I now know the "Truth".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Farkel - Alan F - SeattleNiceGuy- Funkydereck -most posts from them - and then I discovered Leolaia - all started making sense - but to answer your question directly - NO - no one post - it was a combination of those mentioned above + C of C by Franz and The GentileTimes Reconsidered by COJ

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Suggested book reading threads were very helpful - I read plenty of stuff on the WTS black list....

• minimus
    minimus

It's noteworthy that those that got us really thinking are the bluntest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit