"Ethnic Cleansing"

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

I'm with alex jones on this stuff , all is not what it seems in the US media that is run by big corporations , according to my sources the georgian government started the trouble by ehtnic cleansing and killing some russian peace keepers , I think russia would like to reclain the territory but can't get the "democratically" elected government that is controlled by GW and company to cooperate . Personally I'm waiting for the king of south to appear , it could be russia or china , I still think the US is king of the north , don't care what the WTBTS says about it. There are only a couple of countries left with the kind of military to engage in any kind of pushing over asia .

• BurnTheShips
  • llbh
    llbh

I had a conversation about this with a friend of mine today on this subject, he is a fluent Russian speaker , lived there for many years working for a large multi national company, his opinion is interesting.

He reckons that Putin goaded the prime minister of Georgia, thus giving Puitn a pretext to invade. He also reckons the motive of Putin was as a warning to other west leaning former Soviet sattelites , be careful.

Apparently the PRime Minister miscalculated badly, and he is a highly educated and westernised person

Regards David

• Gozz
    Gozz

It's a lesson: to the US, to the world, and to all those pro-Western former USSR states all along Russia's border. Russia will not tolerate a new NATO country on its border; Russia will put a stop to the bungling US policy that disregards Russian feelings. And it's all about time.The Georgian president will have seen for himself: for all the "support" he'll get from the US, South Ossetia is lost, as is almost definitely Abkhazia. This is the real world, where Russian tanks and helicopters mean much more than large gatherings and press conferences. It's come at great cost; and it's the sort of things we should expect to see when the United States has lost lots of leverage. Ms. Rice will do her tour, but the US is right now so weak it'll almost be meaningless to the Russians who're - as we speak - violating the ceasefire agreement they signed, even as the ink remains wet.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Russia will put a stop to the bungling US policy that disregards Russian feelings.

This remains to be seen. In acting as it has acted in Georgia, Russia may have negated itself a certain freedom of action in other, more important spheres. A situation that will undoubtedly be leveraged by the West. Also, Russia has to find a way to withdraw without losing face, no easy task.

America may appear weak, but it is still overwhelmingly strong underneath the surface.

Also, the Russian salient has a critical Achilles heel.

As you note, this is the real world.

BTS

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Because of Iraq - the USA and GB have no real moral authority to condemn- that is why the Russians knew teh ycould get away with it. Watch this space - the Chinese will do their bit in western China and cleanse the Muslims especially if they do terrorism at the Olympic Games

Not to worry - France will be able to lend us their moral authority to condemn. Look how well they have already done on the cease-fire.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Not to worry - France will be able to lend us their moral authority to condemn. Look how well they have already done on the cease-fire.

I hope you are not being sarcastic, but France has performed very well. Besides, moral authority means little in these matters. France's voice is backed and Russians know this. Do you really think that "moral authority" is what holds Russia back?

BTS

• SixofNine
  • hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Who did France's "moral authority" condemn?

"We shouldn't make any moral judgments on this war. Stopping the war, that's what we're interested in," said Kouchner. "Don't ask us who's good and who's bad here."

This comment shows the absence of an unequivocal "moral" stance.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    "We shouldn't make any moral judgments on this war. Stopping the war, that's what we're interested in," said Kouchner. "Don't ask us who's good and who's bad here.

One could make the point that this was also Obama's early position. After two days during which Russia shows no real intention of honoring the cease-fire (or pulling back from the capitol, or honoring the borders) - He is now sounding just about identical to McCain; blaming Russia for the agression.

I think that it is pretty clear that there were obvious Russian motives other than putting a stop to ethnic cleansing. Things like the pipeline, the Old-Russian hatred of Georgia's democratic government, the dislike of having their former states going over to NATO, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit