Whose God are you worshipping??

by Crazyguy 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Post script:

Later in our history, after the David dynasty fell, some Jews returned to pagan worship. Did some worship Helios then? There is proof that after the Greeks conquered the world that many Jews assimilated and left Judaism behind.

Some ancient ruins of synagogues (Second Temple) period have what appear to be zodiac charts and symbols similar to Helios, but again this is very late in history, around the time of Christ, and only discovered in one or two Jewish synagogues via archeological discoveries. Such symbols were not indicative of Jewish design, and the late period of both Helios and these buildings cannot be linked to the origins of Jewish worship. But it is possible that this reveal such assimilation/amalgamation that might be causing the confusion between what both of us are talking about.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Helios is a later name for an older God RA, even the Egyptians changed the name of thier God's at times. This name was the Greek name for the Egyptian God. Here's the problem, I have learned that most of the writings were either legends and myths the Jews made up or took from other civilizations. I don't think you completely agree with me on this. You believe in a king named David I assume, I see him as nothing more then legend same as his son Solomon. You may believe in the exodus and the ten commandments. I don't believe the exodus happened the way it was written and the ten commandments most were take from the negative confessions from the Book of the Dead. You probably believe yhwh is the name for your God in a way. I believe if this is true this God was Ea, Enki, El all the same guy or possible yhwh stands for a family of God's the Supreme or high God's in the pantheon of Sumeria. It's a proven fact that the Israelites worshipped El, Asherah and Baal Hadad as well as other gods. The god that approached moses in the story said he was the god of the patriarchs which means he's El.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Another interesting scripture I ran across is John 8:18-19 . In this s scripture Jesus is telling the leaders of the Jew's that they know neither he or his father. So the question that can be asked is if they were worshippers of a god named Jehovah/Yahweh and Jesus was his son then how could they not know him? Or is it possible that the writer of John was implying that Jesus father was someone else? Could it be that the writer was implying that Jesus father was not Jehovah and Jesus was actually Amen, Helios, or Serapis as he was later called by the Greeks in Alexandria? Could it be that the writer was implying that Jesus was RA, the Sun and then becomes joined or one in the same with his father Amen? In the Egyptian mythology of the gods RA is the sun, light of the world and later joins with his father Amen to become AmenRa. Could it be ?
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

The editors of "The Jewish Annotated New Testament" and the translation committee of the New American Bible New Testament (CBA/USCCB) suggest that John 8 as it reads today includes anti-Jewish rhetoric that was interpolated by the author, transforming the words of Jesus to fit the goals of a Christianity that was in competition with the Sadducees for legal recognition by Rome.

As such these words are not viewed by critical scholarship as directly coming from Jesus of Nazareth. They are more likely the reinterpretation of a similar confrontation in the light of the polemic of the day.

The 2001 in-depth study by the Pontifical Biblical Commission, "The Jewish People and their Sacred Scriptures in the Christian Bible," while offering exegesis not so concurrent with critical philology, nevertheless concludes the speech to be rhetoric of a highly polemic nature arising from this same first-century competition.

Attempting to connect these words with a different deity would require countering the Johannine language with a historical paradigm that would play out as an anachronism at best, belaying your hypothesis as less than efficacious.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Early church leader Marion did not like the god of the old testament and didn't like the idea that this god maybe the father of the Christ, so it could well be that there were ones pushing other father gods of Christ , and I agree. There are those that say Christ was actually the god Serapis from Alexandria, others state that Christ was a retelling of the Marduk stories and the similarities in the book of revelations can be seen to that of the stories in the Emu Elish. If Christ is a retelling of Marduk the his father is Enki, the similarities of this god and those of the Hebrew god are very telling. I believe that the god El from Ugrarit and the god Enki from Babylon are one in the same.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Another update, if one looks at the temple of AMUN-RA at the Egyptian city of Tanis it has two columns at the entrance, followed by another room or two then going in to the last room at the back called the holy of holyies. Out side the temple was a lake. This temple faced east. One will find that the other temples in Egypt to the God Amun like the one at Karnak are very similar. There is also a temple in Syria at Arn Dara which is also very similar.

So whats the big deal one may ask, we'll if one examines the descriptions of the temple of Solomon one will find it is almost an exact copy of the temple at Tanis it also has 33 similarities with the temple at Arn Dara. Solomons temples inner room is the Holy of holyies and also has a large container of water out side much like the small pond at Tanis. So the question should be asked if jehovah is the God of the Israelite and is the God most high and not a pagan God then why did he have Solomon build his temple to be almost an exact replica of a pagan foreign God?

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Nice points crazy, I believe that you're on to something for sure. Outside of scriptures & history, this can be considered With Logic & Reason alone.

The God that created the Universe, is a God of Order, when he sets one law in place, he does not at a later time scrap that law, and replace it. If this God were to change principles in nature, because he was emotional or mad.. The Universe would fall apart..

Wih this Unchangeable nature in Mind.. Things like this can't happen - Prov 12:10 "Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel." Compared to Joshua 11:6 "Joshua did to them as the LORD had directed: He hamstrung their horses and burned their chariots."

I don't know when and where the different Gods interchange, however it seems to be a sure thing, that there were many or several Gods. Another forum member, recently brought this to my attention- "Stephen, the first martry, quoted someting in Isaiah about when Israel wandered for 40 years they weren't following God but following a different one and his star."

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I forgot to mention that this city of Tanis also had other names one being Zoan, Jerusalem has been said to be the city with the name Zion. Interesting the similarities or did the cities designation just get moved to another city and the name changed a bit? The city Of Tanis is said to be founded by the Hyksos and Josephus or Menetho can't remember which one stated after they were finally pushed out of Egypt they settled in Jerusalem.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Another update, recently it has been released that archyologists found king HezekiahS royal inscription pressed into a clay bulla. In this inscription there are two Egyptian Anks and most notably a symbol of a sun disk with wings. This is a symbol of the God Amun-ra, confirming my original post.

When one looks at the edomology of the gods of the near east one can see their related, meaning the Sumerian God Anu is also the Canaanite god El and in Egypt this same god is Amun. So during Hezekiahs time Egypt was his ally and also had the most influence over the Levant. So it would make sense that he's using the iconography of the Egyptian God of the heaven Amun. Jehovah is Amun-Ra, Anu, El then takes on the attributes of the newer high gods the people of that area descided to worship Baal Hadad , Osiris and most notably Marduk.

So now you know whos God you have been worshipping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit