Good bye all.... any advice for the road...

by jakmarx 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

Sad to see the place go under, but im kind of know where simons coming from. Sometimes you just have to move on!

On that note, Im pretty much ready to move on in my life.

In January I am going to move out, dont know where but I'll sort something out. My fade will be complete, in January I will comepletely stop any communication any Elders or JW's. Only keeping loose contact with family & freinds.

It will be difficult to build up a new social circle but ive already got some plans and feel a lot more positive about the future.

To clarify this is what I know believe. I think this link really somes it up well:
    15 Minute Guide to "Truth"

I still believe in a creator, but frankly I wholely believe that we do not know and currently do not have the capacity to. Any its not very important how we got here. ITs only important what we do with our lives now.

I accept that I could be wrong, but if I am I'd rather die.

I think religion is what Existentialism philosophy refers to as Bad faith.

Check out Existentialism

Im still gonna hang round till JWD closes.

Does anyone have any advice for post-jw life? Any ideas for meeting new people. Currently my work colleagues are gonna help me meet people and im loooking at joining a kick boxing class but anyone had any non-religous ways of meeting people?

• DJK
    DJK
    And its not very important how we got here. It's only important what we do with our lives now.

My sentiments exactly.

Post JW life? If you don't have a wife and children, take the road in that direction and everything else could fall into place.

Best wishes to you along the way.

• Eyes Open
  • jakmarx
    jakmarx

Cool site.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Now that is how you do it! Bravo for you. Think, plan, take action. You are young with your whole life ahead of you.

Don't waste too much time on boards like this. Be a participator in life...not a spectator, and especially not one that

sits around bemoaning the past. Good luck. I have a feeling you are going to be just fine.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    I think religion is what Existentialism philosophy refers to as Bad faith.

Check out Existentialism

Im still gonna hang round till JWD closes.

I'm gonna hang aroung here til then, too.

Thanks for the link regarding to Existentialism. I will look at it later.

My personal feeling about religion right now is that I do not want to waste more time learning about the meaning of life or the possible eventualities after death. I feel that much of my life was wasted in a religion that demanded much of me and gave back little.

To me, if there is no god, and death is just death, then there is nothing I can do to change it.

If there is some sort of reincarnative afterlife, so be it.

If 'god' is petty and vindictive, I don't want any part of that diety.

If there is a supreme, intelligent, loving god, I'll take my chances. The fact is, I live a pretty clean life. I treat others with respect. I carry my own weight and have a decent reputation among people who know me. If there is a loving god, he will know my heart is good. And, if he really exists and created all the wonders of life for us to experience and enjoy, I'm sure he doesn't want me sitting in a room or in a church just reading or theorizing about it.

Life is for living. I feel I've already squandered too much of it to spend any more of my time analyzing it.

-Aude.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Aude,

I agree with you. I believe God reads the heart. He created us with a conscience and

when we do the things that do not violate who we are, He knows. I believe he wants us

to live our life and not to spend our lives in religion.

He is looking for real people and not hypocrites.

Love you,

Velta

• Satanus
    Satanus

Things i learned form my dog:

If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.

Don't go out without ID.

Be direct with people; let them know exactly how you feel by piddling on
    their shoes.

Be aware of when to hold your tongue, and when to use it.

Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.

Always give people a friendly greeting. A cold nose in the crotch is
    effective.

When you do something wrong, always take responsibility
    (as soon as you're dragged out from under the bed).

If it's not wet and sloppy, it's not a real kiss.

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Secular Humanism - I am going to subscribe to their magazine

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Jak,

I just read the article you said you believe. Now you know what you DON'T believe.

Now you can go out and find out what you do believe. I am praying that you will

be led in paths of truth and righteousness.

Jesus loves you.

Love and hugs,

Velta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit