I totally lost it with my uncle today

by bob1999 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bob1999
    bob1999

He got talking about the Tetragrammaton, etc... One thing lead to another and I ended up YELLING at him to answer "what happen to the generation of 1914?".

He claims to have never taught that Armageddon would come before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away.

Now, he didn't say the WTS never taught that, he just said that he never taught that??

I ask him...If before 1995 you were to start saying that the generation meant something other than the human generation born before 1914 would you be kicked out.

He said no.

I asked if you were kicked out, would the WTS apologize and re-instate you after the GB changed their minds and agreed with you? (1995)

He said they would.

I asked him "How is the GB going to apologize to the dead people"? (blood issue)

He said "The WTS has never changed on the blood issue". Oh-Boy!!!

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Sometimes I get so mad I can't see straight. That's my fault.

I realize now that most of what I said to him should be directed to the WTS or the GB.

My uncle is, for the most part, just a victim.

Peace

• White Dove
    White Dove

I fear that your uncle and my paternal unit will never mature beyond a dependent age, mentally.

My head is so sore just trying to rush the logical thinking and maturation with my paternal unit.

UGH! I'll share my bottle of asprine with you.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It is frustrating because they won't even read their own older literature

• bob1999
    bob1999

That's the part that gets me.

He can't even see, from the WTS own writings, that they have flip-flopped.

He says "New Light" but when I talk about the "authorities", how Russel had it right but Rutherford changed it, then they changed it back in 1962....He says "can't a person (Rutherford) make a mistake and still serve God?"

I guess a person can make a mistake and still serve God as long as they are JW's.

Peace

• davidguest
    davidguest

Yes, I can accept that mistakes can be made as well. And i understand these men are imperfect. However, I also know Jeremiah was imperfect. And....how many false prophesies did he make?

• StAnn
    StAnn
    He says "can't a person (Rutherford) make a mistake and still serve God?"

If that's his attitude, I guess he doesn't believe in disfellowshipping?

StAnn

• gymbob
    gymbob

I think the one question that I like to ask is, "Is there anything that the WTS could do that would make them start to think they aren't who they claim to be?" ANYTHING??

If they say yes, then just ask them what that one thing would be. Now they are committed, and on the defense, where you don't want to be ( then show them how the WTS has probably already done whatever it is that should make them start to question).

If they say no, then simply explain to them that this is clear proof that they have been brain-washed, or at the very least need to be more open-minded. Gymbob

• blondie
    blondie

Many jws know what the official beliefs/policies/doctrines are but privately amend it to their comfort level. But they know it would not be prudent to advertise their personal ideas and keep it among family and close friends and maintain a deniability level, nothing in writing and not said to more than one person who might "tell."

These same people also edit their memories of the past and are resistant to even seeing it in the WT publications.

They are still invested in buying the crap...it won't be until it pains them or someone they care about to top adhering to the party line. Some of us had to be kicked in the teeth several times before we got out of kicking range.

Love, Blondie

• oompa
    oompa

I so know how you feel. someone posted they will not read their old literature....but what made me nuts in my own Last Days there....was that nobody...not even my book study conductor would pick up on the current lit. and new light!!!....geeze cmon!!.....I had to EXPLAIN new light FLASHING forth cause nobody was reading it....or they read it with no understanding. Especially when heaven was opened back up for more annointed....I could not get people to even see the change!!!! arrrrgghhhhhh....................oompa

• Soledad
    Soledad

I know how this feels I did the same thing to my mother once a couple of years ago when after spending my birthday at a broadway show and having lunch she calls a couple of days later to tell me she made a huge mistake by doing so. I wondered, how much mental gymnastics did she have to perform in order to make that phone call in the first place? Why would she even feel compelled to call me if going out for lunch didn't bother her the week before? If that's not proof that the JWs are absolutely a cult I don't know what is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit