Muslims Influenced by WBTS

by cameo-d 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Bud! There's nothing to disprove. By the Neptunes beard, we are in full agreement. I'm glad to see your thinking now.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

I was interested in following up on this "green man" thing. It seems to have a connection to "christianity". Here's what I found:

Green Men

Green Man of the chapel Green Man of the chapel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosslyn_Chapel

The profusion of carved symbolism is extraordinary throughout the chapel, ranging from biblical allegory to pagan symbolism. One of the best-known images is of the Green Man, of which there are at least 103 representations inside the chapel alone, with an additional number on the exterior and roof as well. Art historians have noted that Rosslyn Chapel has the greatest number of Green Man images of any medieval chapel in Europe.

Green Man carvings are also found in ancient eastern temples, in the Apo Kayan area of Borneo, the chapels of Dhankar Gompa in the Himalayas, in the temples of Kathmandu and in the Jain temples of Ranakpur, and in Roman buildings. In short, the Green Man is a universal theme with very early roots.

-----------------

Given that we now know for certain that Rosslyn Chapel was built by the St Clair family specifically as a Christian edifice it seems clear that the Green Men within the chapel were, by 1446, no longer pagan but had been adopted as a Christian symbol.

http://www.rosslyntemplars.org.uk/the_green_man.htm

------------

Do you think there is a common thread somewhere in this?

Is Green Man indeed a "universal theme"?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Well Cameo. You sure get around. It may well indeed. I have looked at many things on the net, and this is the first I've heard of it. I will check it out. Different cultures seems to have some kind of strange background in their early begingings especially in India. The book of Enoch seems to have similar references to strange beings but then again, even the bible does. In the book of Ezekial. You know what I'm talking about, of course. You are a smart cookie. Just remember. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, and I too, can run afoul , as you have seen, but navigation my freind! You are changing the topic of your own thread. No meaness or harm intended bud.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    You are changing the topic of your own thread

Not intending to, thanks for bringing me back to point.

It's just that as I explore this, one thing seems to lead to another.

I cannot find much info on how *specifically* Muslim teachings have been influenced by Watchtower. I would like to know that and wondered if anyone here was more familiar.

I guess I am taking stabs to find a common link that would tie world religions together in order to enable a one world religion to develop.

That is really the thought behind my search.

Here is another link that runs throughout:

Abrahamic religions are monotheistic faiths — such as, Judaism, Islam and Christianity — that recognise a spiritual tradition identified with Abraham. [1] [2] [3] Other religions that identify in this way, such as the Bahá'í Faith and Druze, are also sometimes included. [4] Abrahamic religions account for more than half of the world's total population. Today, there are around 3.8 billion followers of various Abrahamic religions. [

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religion

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Well, you know my freind, perhaps you are looking for a grand unification theroy, that will tie all things together, as is sought for, in physics. To me, this is a noble but futile venture. Science deals with facts and provable data. Religion deals with faith, based on loose assertions and assumptions. Differing backgrounds and the lies of rewritten histories to the conquered, is the farthest from the truth you will ever get. You must rely on your gut, and raw instinct for truth, with no bias and with provable data. Regardless of whether you feel comfortable with the results or not.

In our society, thoughts that differ from the common, are frowned upon. This is a very lonely venture indeed. It is an uphill battle, because human nature, is designed to accept the path of least resistance. It is therfore imperative, that one constantly does a reality check on oneself, as affirmation for things that are not commomly accepted. Of course strange and uncommon veiws will be ostracized. That which is uncommon does not comform to societal norms, just as copernicus and Galileo discovered, regardless of the truth and impact to society.

Things that seemed outrageous 500 years ago are now commonplace. This is the dilema of anyone that dares to see things in a different manner. They are in fact, martyrs, that are ahead of their time.

My gut tells me, that the commonality you seek in religion, does not exist. This is because, each religion is dear to the beleiver, and an investment has been made. This means no compromise. The only answer to this, in my opinion, is the abolition of religion. It kills creativity and weighs down the soul. It has in subjection the freedom of exploration that the human spirit craves. All things must be seen through the prism of a beleif that has no grounds in the reality of life.

I do not discourage you from your venture however. You will see this for yourself. It will take it's course, if you dare to pioneer it further.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    a grand unification theroy, that will tie all things together

Maybe it will come about through compromise within all religions.

For example, just look how quickly old traditions are changing. Religious views and practices can change overnight.

Landmark new Shariah law gives UK Muslim women rights

Religion News Blog, Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Aug. 9, 2008 News Summary
    www.religionnewsblog.com

Is this the beginning of a new European Islam?

The contract itself is very specific. The husband has to agree not to:

• abuse his wife/child(ren) verbally, emotionally, physically, or sexually
    • be absent from the marital home for more than 60 days unless by agreement
    • withhold money towards his wife/family
    • transmit disease
    • interfere with the wife’s property

In return, the wife agrees to abide by all of that as well - except for the provision not to withhold money from the household.

Earlier you said: What other religion abuses women and gives them no rights

So, what do you think now???

And what does this say to all of us about the future of government regulated religions???

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Is Green Man indeed a "universal theme"?'

The green man is a vestigial pagan image. Christianity expunged most paganism, amalgamated some as it marched across europe. While the green man survived for a bit longer, he's gone from christianity.

S

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Well you see Cameo, I'm glad these efforts are being made by "our" culture, to bring a 7th century ideology, out of the stone age. Holland is a very liberal and pragmatic society. If this works(and I'd be suprised.) It will certainly meet with stiff opposition from Imams and hate preachers and would most certainly be a first in Europe. Holland is doing this, for their very survival by the way.

I think the Dutch Have it right, by trying to liberate the women of Islam, but they are going against 1400 years of absolute non-change and authorities which the men have long enjoyed.

But let me ask you this. Do you think the modern world and progress of the rest of the human race should be making concessions and regress to something non progressive.

Cameo, if you came from a cult, known as this witnesses, then you should know very well, that even a milder cult will make no concessions for anyone and never change unless forceis used. Common sense shows that the nature of cults do not bend to mainstream mentalities. This board is full of the broken bones of people who now gather together, with all their wisdom and knowledge to refute and give dignity to it's victims. Even then, it takes years before those victims can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Holland was suprized. They took in many immigrants figuring, that those who were oppressed under Islam would enjoy the freedoms of Holland. But they most certainly did not. Have you not seen all the placards carried by Muslim protesters in a free countries that take them in. There is no appreciation. Freedom go to hell! We want danish blood! Prepare for the real Holocaust! Bomb Bomb Denmark. Death to America. What part of that do people not understand?

I sincerly beleive that these people can not be reasoned with. They have formed, no go police areas all over Europe setting cars and buildings on fire. Do you read the news or are you sleep walking into a nightmare like the rest of the world.

Do you think all these no go areas will embrace freedom. We are hated. DO YOU UNDERSTAND! These areas didn't come about by accident. They are all strategic areas that Islam sends Imams too to preach hate.

Multiculturalism has failed. Originally in 1973 deals were made with the Saudis, by the French becuse they needed the oil. Part of that agreement was to promote Islam and never say anything negative about it. The Media has to watch every word they say now because of this and the truth has been buried.

If you think this little move in Holland is going to work, your wrong. Geert Wilders and Hirsi Ali need bodygaurds 24/7 so that they don't get their friggin heads cut off or get knifed like Theo van Gogh.

I dare you to look at the problem straight in the eye. Go on the net and see the massive extent of this problem. Don't just pick up one article in a tiny country and say wow look at this.

It's like your picking up a bubble gum wrapper and tossing it in the bin and saying. Look what I did for the enviornment!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Edited . I was going to show you examples all over Europe and the the rape and crime stats to go with it, but so long as you wear rose coloured glasses it won't matter. You should research it yourself

• cameo-d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit