The end in 2014?

by ImFreeatlast 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ImFreeatlast
    ImFreeatlast

I read this disturbing news article today. http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=5060 The part about the grandmother killing her grandson was bad enough. And I do note that it doesnt say that she was a witness... having said that it is interesting that she was convinced by the witnesses that the end was going to come in 2014....

Has anyone else heard of a similar story? Surely they are not going to make the same mistake that they made in the 70's has anyone else heard anything about 2014?

• mustang
    mustang

But the Mayan Calendar is supposed to quit in 2012

Clash of Civilizations

Belief System versus Belief System

God v. God

Spy v. Spy

Where does it end

Mustang

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

07 August 2008, 16:09

Ukrainian granny-cultist kills her grandson to send him to paradise

Kiev, August 7, Interfax - 66-year old resident of Kiev conducted a ritual murder of her 9-year-old grandson.

She hit the boy with an iron and completed the crime with a rope, Ukrainian issue of Komsomolskaya Pravda daily writes on Thursday.

Then a woman carried a boy to the sitting room where she had everything prepared beforehand including candles and a brochure with "a prayer to enter paradise" given to her by Jehovah's Witnesses.

Neighbors told that on the eve of murdering her grandson she spoke about religion and soon apocalypses. Jehovah's witnesses convinced the woman the Lord would come on 2014 and raise the dead, then all the righteous will go to paradise and take their children with them.
    The Kiev Prosecutor's office initiated a criminal case on the incident. Forensic psychiatric expert examination acknowledged the woman was criminally insane.

"I was shocked and don't remember the funerals. If I didn't believe in God, I would have gone mad," the boy's mother Yelena Ponomarenko, 36, said.

According to Yelena, her mother has always had peculiar ways. She tried to break the daughter's marriage. She threw knives and saucepans in the kitchen and insulted them during the day, and at night she broke in the couple's bedroom crying and cursing herself, her daughter and the entire world.

After her son's death, Yelena retired to the Pochayev Laura for several months to overcome the tragedy.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Wrong religion here.

• mustang
    mustang

Hey, what-a!!!

I've got a conspircy theory for you: I'll PM.

Mustang

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Really??? Kewl!!! :-)

• mustang
    mustang

5 or 6 years ago (longer??) I got ahold of some writeup about a NEW religion/group in England that sounded like JW's except that they had chronology that was similar to Russels but ADDED 100 years: 2014, no less

Anybody else see that

Mustang

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

That's bull, JW have never had a prayer book. It must have been somebody that said he was JW but wasn't.

• OBVES
    OBVES

Don't make the mistake most people do ! You look first for those who have the best understanding of the Bible and teach others and then you check if they make predictions of the end of the world . You check if Daniel 12.4,9 is being fulfilled before our eyes today and can assume rightly if we are in the end-time era or not .

Read my posts to learn why the present evil order may end sooner than in 2014 AD : in the year 2011 AD .

Is the Watchtower that guides the organization predicts the year 2014 AD ? It counts what they teach .

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I knew he would pop up sooner or later. Well Obves, which forum are u going to bless with your comments?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit