But I just got here...

by startingovernow 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Hello. I've been on this board for less than a week and now l learn that is closing. I came here to heal. Hearing experiences from others that show that it wasn't all in my head, that I was gaslighted by JW's has helped. My experience is expecially difficult because I chose to be a JW all by myself, with great opposition from many, little help from JW's. All in all it was a great disappointment, to put it lightly.

I'd like to find a new board, but one that will help me heal. I'm especially interested in those that have turned away from the organization as a result of hypocrisy and lack of support. I would also like to hear from those "apostates" out there since my understanding of apostates has done a 170, hearing from others as to what their apostate stand was will help me get to a 180.

Please let me know where to meet you.

• KW13
    KW13

JWD may be going, but the Online Adventure for Ex-JWs is by no means over, and the valuable experiences of those here are guaranteed to find a new home, my email is [email protected] so you wont be entirely cut off, get in touch with some other folks too where you can!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i'd use the 'search' function for healing ... everything that has been said has been said ... nothing new under the sun :)

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Thanks, but I'd rather communicate with people in the present.

• KW13
    KW13

lmao, for some reason that made me laugh.

• startingovernow
  • wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

lmao - laughing my ass off.

Our stories are stored here. If you want to know us, go read them, usually under a topic started by whichever poster you are clicking on...and we are still here in the present...our stories are still true.

My e-mail will be in my profile, I would reeccommend to everyone else who would welcome contact to do the same...just in case.

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

I'm sorry I asked for clarification. If I wanted to just read people's experiences, I'd read the WT and Awake!.

Please don't reply back to me, I'll look for others to keep in touch with.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Please don't reply back to me, I'll look for others to keep in touch with.

Welcome to the forum. Need a hanky for that snot?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    startingovernow wrote: I'm especially interested in those that have turned away from the organization as a result of hypocrisy and lack of support. I would also like to hear from those "apostates" out there since my understanding of apostates has done a 170

Yikes! Look like you will have to become 'startingoveragain' pretty soon...!

I left after one particular meeting because of hypocrisy. I felt that by staying in my seat in the KH, I was complicite with a group of people who were mis-applying biblical principles. I did not go to another church. I waited for the org to straighten itself out and get back in Jehovah's good graces.

13 years later I found JWD (and a few other sites). I no longer wait for the organization to get cleaned up. It will not happen. And even if it does, I no longer believe what they teach.

Here's a post I made on an interesting old thread from when I first joined. Can't believe it's well over 3 years already. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/83217/1361737/post.ashx#1361737

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit