alternate ex-jw forum

by Ronnie38 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Ronnie,

When I first came out in March 08 I lurked on your site fro a bit, but then came accross JWD. I do agree that it is definitely a viable alternative.

And if atheists are welcome, I will feel at home. Although I am a staunch believer (in the glorious Flying Spaghetti Monster).

Lance

• Ronnie38
    Ronnie38

Hi Lance,

Yes, atheists are welcome as well. They really have been all along, but for whatever reason, the atheist vs. theist issue got blown out of whack somewhere along the line and never did get back on track.

My own personal thoughts have been on what Vinny said-----sharing and discussing all kinds of ideas is fine---instead of pushing them onto others

I will do my best to make sure a balance is kept.

I may need someone to wish me luck on that, but I will do my best. :-)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ronnie,

I have enjoyed your forum so far. It seems like a friendly place. Thanks for making it available. Some of us just need a little Internet hangout.

As far as what the anti-atheist poster up above said, I'd say most atheists I've known are not militant and are quite agreeable. It seems like some people on either side of the issue aren't able to distinguish good, assertive writing from an "attack". If I say I disagree with your statement, that doesn't mean I'm attacking your intelligence. It only means I disagree with your statement.

If people can't have a little bit of intellectual push-and-pull, things get really stale and boring fast.

• Ronnie38
    Ronnie38

Hey Gopher,

Thanks...

I agree with you.

Although it has always been in the forum guidelines, that the issue has not gotten enough attention in the past, and then when problems come up (as they eventually do), then one side winds up trying to control things a hundred percent and problems do occur there.

Half the battle a lot of times is being aware of an issue, and most of the other half is just one side respecting the other, so I do hope it works out OK....

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'll take a look at that forum tonight

• Ronnie38
    Ronnie38

Nice to see the people that I have today on the site.

I "wish" I had this much PC time everyday, but today was just a day off---not quite as much time tommorow.

However, I did go ahead and update the debate & controversy board with a new post:

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/8623

as well as our suggestion box location at:

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/8624

We do implement any good suggestions, but just haven't had many as of late since it's been several years that the site has been operating.

Anyhow, whether you land at our site or another, there will be plenty of ex-jw info out there and places to go...

:)

• flipper
    flipper

Ronnie 38- Hello, I too have enjoyed being on your site as well so far ! I look forward to contributing as much as I humanly can in helping others see how to live life after exiting a mind control cult. It looks like you have a variety of good posters and subjects to deal with and post on over there. I look forward to calling it " home "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit