The Watchtower & UFOs..

by fb130 8 Replies latest jw friends

• fb130
    fb130

Hello, Please don't laugh @ my post. A profesor of mine in college swore 2 me 4 a fact that the jws were/are somehow related to the whole UFO/alien abduction thing. He is/was(i.e. I haven't seen him in a little over 10 years) a very respected sociologist @ a major university. I tried to look up this connection on the internet & found nothing. I know, you'r probably thinking oh he just said that 2 get u out of his office. I used 2 have coffee with this teacher & we both really injoyed each other's company. Any info?

• knock knock
    knock knock

Might be something to it. Just last weekend two aliens came to my door trying to get me to take their literature.

• yknot
    yknot

Nope, never heard that one.

• zagor
    zagor

As they say, all professors are equal in their expertise in eyes of academia but some are more equal than others. Just because a "respected professor" said something doesn't automatically make it true.

Particularly when talking to undergrads professors tend to spit out all kind of bullshit because there is no one to challange them for fear of, well, let call the things what they are, failing the paper ;)

• wifekeepsmeinit
    wifekeepsmeinit

Sometimes I think my wife is Alien, when she gets up in the morning.

• zagor
    zagor
    Sometimes I think my wife is Alien, when she gets up in the morning.

Well no one said abduction was a pleasurable experience

• heathen
    heathen

Tho the jw's may not appear normal I certainly don't think they are from a different planet .

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Maybe he got it from here -

http://www.bible.ca/Jw-changes.htm#JehovahOnPleiades

Jehovah lives in Pleiades star cluster galaxy…Star Trek anyone?

1927 "The face of the deep, of course, would be toward the Pleiades, which are claimed to be the habitation of Jehovah." (Creation; 1927; 2,175,000 ed.; p. 94)

1928 "The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve even as our sun's planets obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling-place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;..." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

1928 "The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I guess the cats out of the bag so Simon will have to close down the site.

There on to us now.

They found out we are aliens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit