...we miss you..please come back to the Truth...............

by core 6 Replies latest jw friends

• core
    core

Had to call at a store late today to collect some items whe I was approached by an earnest young woman who I vaguely remembered.She had the earnest appearance of a cult member with glowing smile and earnest almost boring eyes.
    She chatted generally about my family and then started to pat my arm and said "just try and come back...we miss you so much, you must miss the truth in your life",
    Frankly I felt nauseous and for reasons of courtesy (or cowardice) did not reply words to the effect of get lost. I smiled at her and said I was very happy, mt family was very happy and I hoped she was.
    Tried to leave at that but she held my arm and pleaded almost "please make room in your life for the Truth" - at this I smiled - pulled away from her and left
    My question is - why did this bother me after so many years away from the lunatic asylum - should I have been prepared and told her in short order to get lost as she was lost already in "the Truth" or what - why am I worried about how I handled this - do we ever escape?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

It's because deep down they understand the control they have on each other, call it guilt or scare tatics to presuade you to come back. They all know how to do it they practice it up on the stage, the live it daily. The only way to break free is to shock them straight out like by saying, I'm so happy and free why would I ever want to go back!

• Eyes Wide Open
    Eyes Wide Open

I've had that happen to me at a grocery store. I guess it still bothers us, even after we've been out of the Org for a while because it's the JW way of telling you that you're living your life incorrectly and that you can't possibly be happy any other way. On top of that, it's a vibrant reminder of the pain we endured while in the Org - it makes me angry, especially since there were so many wrongs that will never be righted. I don't like being reminded of that, and that may be why you became angry, too. EWO

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Once he learned the circumstances of my disfellowshipping, my uncle wanted to try to have it reversed. When I heard about his intentions, I called him and thanked him and added that even if that happened, I would never go back to being a jw. I added that no one will ever control my life the way it was controlled by the WTB&TS. I haven't heard from him since.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Miss the "truth" in my life? That would be almost as ridiculous as it would be if I had cancer only to find the cure myself, treat it and cure it totally, and then be asked if I miss having cancer. I don't think so!

And no, I don't miss the stagnation. Or having to worry about going out in field circus every week. Or making it to the boasting sessions. Or worrying about the day when they are going to ban entertainment totally and enforce it. Or having to worry about stumbling others with my personal decisions. Or setting a weekend aside to have a Grand Boasting Sessions every year, plus more for the Big and Great Boasting Sessions. Or the endless rules.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

They are playing on your emotions and guilt and confusion. They are trying to trigger the guilt complex that should have been program planted in you through sales meeting attendance.

A key guilt confusion word is the truth.

Why would anyone want to walk away from the truth?

Many people wouldnt.

The problem is the JW's dont have the truth.

They have the troof. patent pending.

• Rooster
    Rooster

JW's don't hear a word you say to them. They are brainwashed beyond their own discernment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit