How do we make them leave us alone?

by hot mama 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• hot mama
    hot mama

I have not been to a meeting since memorial, yet they still keep pestering me to come back. I'm a mild mannered person, so it's hard for me to tell them off but I'm at the point of becoming a real bitch. So, any ideas on what to say without seeming like a real BITCH? All the calls and emails I've gotten have been over the past week only. Until then it was just my mom amd sister bothering me. They might be the ones that got the phone calls started. I'll need to find out. That might be my way to get this stopped. Go straight to the source. Anyway, whether you all can give me any ideas or not, thanks for reading my post and letting me vent.

• blondie
    blondie

It depends on whether you to keep contact with them and what the past history has been in respecting your boundaries.

I just change the subject, and keeping changing until they get the message. Or I pick a topic they don't want to talk about and pursue it.

Once you have clearly stated your wishes and illustrated what it is you don't want them to talk about and they persist, the problem is bigger than the WTS. They don't seem to respect you.

I still occasionally get a postcard....I shredded it once and sent it back...they stopped for a year after that.

Love, Blondie

• chickpea
    chickpea

the very few attempts have all but ceased
    because we have never one time expressed
    a desire to return or any indication that we
    "appreciate" their efforts....

LOL @ blondie! that is a pretty specific tactic!!!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "All the calls and emails I've gotten have been over the past week only. "

Welllll... it depends on how much you want to do.

E-mail - I once 'blocked' an individual. Any e-mails they sent to me got dumped prior to showing up in my in-box. (I only did this because they first 'blocked' my e-mails. Which turned out interesting - when later they tried to send me an e-mail.) So - any e-mails that they send - are returned - as not-deliverable.

Phone calls - caller-id works well - with an answering machine. That way - you don't look like you are purposely 'ignoring' them... you're just busy.

If they try to send snail-mail - have that returned 'no such person' - or something written on the front.

If it's in person (a relative visit - or the elders), then just sit there and nod a lot - hugging yourself tightly - mumbling as you rock back and forth. (Trust me... they'll back waaaaay off... especially if you are mumbling something like a chant... using the word satan...)

The best way though - is to just grin and bear it - and eventually they go away. They are just feeling extra 'spiritual' after attending one of their assemblies recently.

Regards,

Jim TX

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

A mere 1 month after stopping meeting attendance, I decked out my house with Halloween decorations. Then Christmas, the whole works. They still came to my house, saw the tree in my foyer. The only thing that worked was putting a beautiful American flag on my front porch pillar.

Seen neither hide nor hair since then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit