What is a JW to do with past issues of watchtowers and awakes?

by insearchoftruth 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Though my wife has never been baptized, she has a shelf of wt publications as well as watchtowers and awakes.

Are these magazines to be kept by a jw forever??

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I always felt guilty if I threw one away. So to each the pain I would save up one or two years worth and throw them out together. Only pushed the guilty button once instead of every week. (weird but its how I thought and felt.)

For a number of years, I would get the blue binders into which my personal copies could be inserted.

Back issue / samples piled up too. I had shelf fulls of old issues. Periodically these would be put into a paper bag and placed in a dumpster. I would to see that no one was watching as, again, I felt guilty.

I still have 4 boxes in my garage labeled WTS. My initial thought was to sell some on ebay. There are few that could have gotten me some cash a couple of years ago. Now the good parts are on the net. Also, I may feel bad getting money from deluded witnesses or from fellow cult-survivors. I need to clear out my garage this weekend so need to make decision quick.

Would you like to start your OWN wt literature collection? I can help get you started.

-Aude.

• blondie
    blondie

Some get magazine holders and keep them by year in their library. Others trash them when they get the annual bound volumes.

Magazine Holders

The question is what they do with "placement" copies that don't get placed.

• White Dove
    White Dove

One crazy nut of a father of 6 once took all the old ones from the 70's and 80's and had his family sit down and erase all of the pencil marks in them so they could place them again!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I guess placing old issues is like green field circus?? If a jw places an old copy of a mag, do they need to ensure that their has not been some new light which replaces the teachings of the mag??

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

It's man made material and it's not like your throwing God's word the bible out the door it is man's word and man's opinion.

I say make a huge Bonfire!

• yknot
    yknot

Now...they sell them on Ebay after they scan them into PDF

• Mandette
    Mandette

I've been faded for 15 yrs. Finally got the ovaries to throw it all out this week. My dumpster was very heavy!

Trash collection is a wonderful thing!!!!!!

Yay for me!

Mandette

PS..No one will see you do it!!!!

• kitsune
    kitsune

recycling bin...that's where all mine went.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I have shredded a few out of frustration and then she has dropped the shredded paper off at the SPCA for animal cage lining, which is an appropriate use for the 'food'.

edited to add:

I could learn to make wt barf bags from amama!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit