Watchtower CLUB Society.....

by justhuman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

This is actually WT's real name. WT has become actually a social club and nothing more. JWs are in a "religious" club with activities that includes picnics, staying in Hotels(Assembley) going out for leasure, excursions in the "Holy Land- Brooklyn". Visiting other countries for international Assembleys, group trips.

This is the real face of the WT. They have no Theological ground to stand, personaly I see JW's to be in spiritual hunger, while the "food" delivered through the FDS is bad quality, and defenetely not for consumption. They have missed the real meaning of Christianity from their very first begining, a doomsday extreme Protestand cult.

Even their "Baptism" is like joining a club, and has nothing to do with the Baptism that Jesus asked His followers to do. WT Club has replace with "God's Spirit directed Organization", a complete contradiction with Jesus and blasphemous

JW's are members of the WT CLUB and all they care is to blindly obey the rules of the Club in order to enjoy their membership

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Perhaps its more the people that are making the social clubs...its a hard road to follow keeping up with the doctrines, meetings.

People are looking for a way to pacify themselves from the pressures brought upon them from the religion...it helps them to

keep going whether wrong or right.

h40

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I think that "Anti-Social" Club fits it better.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I think you're right. How often at the meetings do the JWs get to chew on anything remotely solid scripturally? How often do they engage in hearty theological debate while going door-to-door? More often than not all they talk about is the latest gossip from the KH.

Now that I no longer attend meetings I'm seeing it more and more often; those who are the most die-hard JWs are those whose involvement with the cult is socially-motivated. Very close family members have actually told me, without a hint of shame, that the reason they're a JW isn't to worship God but rather because all of their friends are JWs. Oh, and they quite fancy the idea of a paradise to live in (good luck with that...).

Religious morality doesn't come into it. It's a club. And once you stop going to the meetings your social network collapses.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I have always seen it as a private club for the haughty. It only costs you your brain to join.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I can fully agree with what is being stated here, my wife's family is pretty much all jdub, but she has never been baptized. When she gets bored around the house (generally between semesters of school) is when she all of a sudden calls up one of the sisters she has known in the past for a bs.....

Rather than looking for something else, I think she enjoys having the jw come over to our place and in essence kiss her tail while making her feel 'so smart' for the wonderful answers she gives.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Except that if it really was a club we could see their financial records and vote in the leaders.

Like that's ever gonna happen!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Good point. It's not a club ... it's a CULT!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    all they care is to blindly obey the rules of the Club in order to enjoy their membership

They may castigate other groups for following their own rules and beliefs . They teach the members to never say "The Society teaches" but that "The Bible tells us" ...in fact they follow the rules of man as much as Adventists follow the writings of Ellen White ,or Cristian Scientists the writings of Mary Baker Eddy.

If any scripture needs a man to interpret it, then one is following that interpretation , not The Bible. Dubs do not see that . They just do what The Society says, because the lines between God and The Society have been blurred into one.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I see it as a social constuct for many. Especially those born in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit