Randy Americans and abstemious Japanese

by expatbrit 9 Replies latest social relationships

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

All I can say is that for the American sample, they obviously asked a disproportionate amount of women.

Sex comes twice a week for Brits

LONDON (Reuters) - Britons have sex an average of twice a week, have slept with more than eight people and are attracted by a good sense of humour, a global survey says.

The survey of sexual habits by condom maker Durex has found that Britons have sex an average of 107 times a year, less than many other Europeans.

The survey polled 18,500 people in 28 countries.

Greeks have sex more often than any other Europeans -- an average of 117 times a year, the Italians are next with 111 and the French close behind at 110.

The U.S. leads the world in the love-making league, with Americans having sex on average more than 124 times a year. The Japanese score the lowest, having sex an average of 36 times.

Americans are also the earliest to get started, having sex for the first time at 16, but they are closely followed by the British, who lose their virginity at around 17, against the global average of 18.

The world over, people are attracted to personality before looks or money, although women rate it more highly than men.

The British like a sense of humour more than any other nation, while Spaniards give a good physique the thumbs up, and Italians go for straightforward sex appeal.

• Simon
    Simon

That does it, I'm making sure I shut the curtains from now on!

Thank god they mustn't have been watching all the time though - if they only counted the 107 times then they must have only been watching for a couple of months

• Simon
    Simon

Of course the simple answer is that Americans either boast a lot or can't count properly ...

(doh! right after my 'boast')

• Xena
    Xena

Go USA Go USA!!!!!!!!!!!

Course if they had done a study just on Texans the stats would have been a LOT HIGHER!!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

I know I sure try to do my part in keeping the US number 1.

God shed his grace (undeserved kindness) on thee.

Joel

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I must admit that I have been pulling the stats for the US down a bit lately, but the time has come for me to turn that around and do my patriotic duty and keep America number one in this important area.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ex pat,

Don't forget that as far as the Yanks are concerned that you have to allow for the exaggeration factor. Ever seen an American gazing at Big Ben?

"Geez, Hun, ma wristwatch is bigger than that!"

A for me, well, once a King, always a King, but once a knight is enough!

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Plus, you have to ask yourself, what's better 107 British sessions of 3 hours each, or 124 American sessions of 5 minutes?

Expatbrit

• Gee Mack
    Gee Mack

PLEASE!!

With the state of affairs worldwide, I am not about to believe that every young person between the ages of 14-24 WORLDWIDE are not more active than this survey suggests. By no means would I condone, but I do think that these numbers are erroneous. Not being seditious, but the US is not #1 in EVERYTHING!! Handle your own filthy house, before you look out of the window at your neighbors yard, and complain about the color of the mailbox!!

• cat1759
    cat1759

Ok,,it isnt the americans pulling down the stats...it is ex jws that are to afraid to go out and have sex.
    Personally working through all the crap and moving on. Maybe if we all try to get out more and date the stats would go up...
    Will try to do my part.

One question..is it because condoms are sold and used in the Uk than in America...i think this might be the number they go by. Just a question from a strange mind.
    cathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit