Long Law article re: WT's lawyer conflict of interest in Hughes Case

by AndersonsInfo 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• dawg
    dawg

That's a really hard case... but whomever thought up this argument is a genius.

I think the Judges ruled the way they did because they are unaware what being a JW means... they were thinking like these lawyers were Catholics or something. If I read correctly, Mr. Hughes represented himself in these proceedings... if he thought up this argument he's very smart, I would think he's too smart not to make certain the Judges understood what being a JW means as opposed to other religions.

To me, the JW issue adds a degree of relevance to the case that a non JW would have a hard time understanding. Witnesses that have degree fields focusing on Cults and the like would have added weight as to why these lawyers had a conflict of interest- a conflict representing their religious group as opposed to the interests of the client.

But, it was a tough argument to prove at any extent... I think it's a damn good argument, and it has relevance, but getting someone from the outside to understand it is another question all together.

He had a huge uphill battle...

• toreador
    toreador
    Because JW doctors know this, and because these are rightly concerned about retaining their medical licenses, JW doctors take precautions with JW patients in the event that one needs a transfusion to prevent premature death and decides to accept it after treatment begins.

Marvin Shilmer

If you dont mind, what kind of precautions would you be talking about?

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit