alot of anxiuos thought lately.........

by fake_yello_lite 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• fake_yello_lite
    fake_yello_lite

I joined JWD about 3 weeks ago and have been "lurking" for those 3 weeks.....til now. A little about me....was born into the "truth" along with 4 other siblings.None of us have anything to do with the "truth." I'm the oldest in my 30's married my H.S. sweetheart (she studied and we got dunked at the same C.A. so we could get married in a KH,what fools we were at 18 & 19) we have 2 kids togther.

We have been inactive since roughly '01 except for the annual memorial.I grew up in a SUPER dysfunctional family-do as the "truth" says not as we do mantra.My mom was df'd twice and my dad once(both are back in the Org. now) Two of my brothers married "worldly" girls,1 is engaged to one and the other has been dating his woman for 6 plus years.All these girls are really nice and caring people(except one)who I refuse to believe will be destroyed at Armageddon.

My wife's whole family are not JW's and are some of the nicest people I ever met,helped us out financially for our wedding and when I was in between jobs,helped a GREAT deal with watching the kids when my school schedule conflicted with my wife's work schedule,etc,etc,etc.However my father in law smokes and he and my mother in law gamble so they will be destroyed at Armageddon!!!!

My mom's family which I haven't spoken to in 10 plus years are the most dispicable people to society and yet their still in good standing as JW's.My mother's father(i won't even call him my grandfather)who is now deceased used to beat the livin crap out of my mom and her siblings,smoke and had several extramarital affairs on my mother's mom yet he professed to be of the anointed and partook of the emblems....C'MON.

However my dad's side of the family-my aunt's and uncle's are still in the "truth" and really helped us out when we would get beat up by our parents mentally and physically.We would spend weekends with them or just get a break from hell in our house if only for an afternoon.As my parent's got older they softened a bit and loosen the belt so that my younger siblings didn't have it so bad as me and my 31 yr old sibling had.

I cherish the relationship w/ my dad's side of the family but I was never good at leading a double life it's far too exhausting having to C.Y.A. on everything.I really started to delve into the hypocrisy of the WTB&TS with the change in the blood doctrine.

I mean we were forbidden to talk to or engage in any activity with "worldly" people,yet their stored blood is okay to transfuse fractions of into our body......WTF!!! You can't get blood fractions w/out WHOLE BLOOD "stored for medical use" from "worldly" people!! So let me get this straight....You can't store or donate your OWN blood to get fractions however you can use the blood" stored or donated for medical use" to get those fractions which if you took every fraction available would be roughly 6-8% shy of whole blood anyway.

..I really need to reevaluate the WTB&TS teachings but at the expense of losing my dad's side of the family....hmmmmmm..... a tough decision but one that's need to be addressed. I can't slave for 2 masters........................I never could...........

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hey, bro, welcome, and let me help you out with the formatting:

I joined JWD about 3 weeks ago and have been "lurking" for those 3 weeks.....til now. A little about me....was born into the "truth" along with 4 other siblings.None of us have anything to do with the "truth." I'm the oldest in my 30's married my H.S. sweetheart (she studied and we got dunked at the same C.A. so we could get married in a KH,what fools we were at 18 & 19) we have 2 kids togther.

We have been inactive since roughly '01 except for the annual memorial.I grew up in a SUPER dysfunctional family-do as the "truth" says not as we do mantra.My mom was df'd twice and my dad once(both are back in the Org. now) Two of my brothers married "worldly" girls,1 is engaged to one and the other has been dating his woman for 6 plus years.All these girls are really nice and caring people(except one)who I refuse to believe will be destroyed at Armageddon.

My wife's whole family are not JW's and are some of the nicest people I ever met,helped us out financially for our wedding and when I was in between jobs,helped a GREAT deal with watching the kids when my school schedule conflicted with my wife's work schedule,etc,etc,etc.However my father in law smokes and he and my mother in law gamble so they will be destroyed at Armageddon!!!!

My mom's family which I haven't spoken to in 10 plus years are the most dispicable people to society and yet their still in good standing as JW's.My mother's father(i won't even call him my grandfather)who is now deceased used to beat the livin crap out of my mom and her siblings,smoke and had several extramarital affairs on my mother's mom yet he professed to be of the anointed and partook of the emblems....C'MON. However my dad's side of the family-my aunt's and uncle's are still in the "truth" and really helped us out when we would get beat up by our parents mentally and physically.

We would spend weekends with them or just get a break from hell in our house if only for an afternoon.As my parent's got older they softened a bit and loosen the belt so that my younger siblings didn't have it so bad as me and my 31 yr old sibling had.I cherish the relationship w/ my dad's side of the family but I was never good at leading a double life it's far too exhausting having to C.Y.A. on everything.

I really started to delve into the hypocrisy of the WTB&TS with the change in the blood doctrine.I mean we were forbidden to talk to or engage in any activity with "worldly" people,yet their stored blood is okay to transfuse fractions of into our body......WTF!!! You can't get blood fractions w/out WHOLE BLOOD "stored for medical use" from "worldly" people!! So let me get this straight....You can't store or donate your OWN blood to get fractions however you can use the blood" stored or donated for medical use" to get those fractions which if you took every fraction available would be roughly 6-8% shy of whole blood

anyway...I really need to reevaluate the WTB&TS teachings but at the expense of losing my dad's side of the family....hmmmmmm..... a tough decision but one that's need to be addressed. I can't slave for 2 masters........................I never could...........

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Hope that makes it a little easier to read. Your story is a familiar one here. You'll find lots of similar ones.

S4

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Welcome

You are the start of a very long hard road.

It is a road that must be traveled

• fake_yello_lite
    fake_yello_lite

Thanks S4....I'm really not pc savvy at formatting.....but I must say your fast in responding to the new ones mudt be that bible trained conscious....LOL

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Ahh….My eyes hurt now. Wish I would have dropped the page to the formatted version….

Welcome FYL.

• fake_yello_lite
    fake_yello_lite

Thanks Locked, I'm currently going to college for nursing and the change in the blood doctrine got me interested as to why the sudden change...Blood is blood and to abstain from it as Acts says means none of it is to be touched including fractions!!! I got into a discussion w/ mt parents who in my opinion are only in the "truth" because that is all they know,anyhow with my new found knowledge in medicine I raised some poignant questions that my mom (not so much my dad) said "Those are really well thought out and make sense." I'm am grateful beyond words that I am able to go to college (I took a buyout from one of the shrinking big 3)and took a sociology class that truly made me think,at first it overwhelmed almost to the point of tears then it empowered me to seek out the real "truth" But I must admit it is a real struggle to wrestle w/ everyday the guilt and fear of making a move...do I fly under the radar and deceive them like they decieve so many others or do I just openly committ regardless of the cost......time will tell.....it truly is exhausting!!!! p.s. sorry if I'm not formatting properly and I would really like to THANK Blondie(if she ever sees this) she is anazing in her rebuttals and is a walking bound volume......much thanks

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    All these girls are really nice and caring people(except one)who I refuse to believe will be destroyed at Armageddon.

Hi fake yello lite : The above statement is a classic symptom of those doing something that the Borg does not want its members to do. You are starting to THINK...That is the first step ..Stay on the road. The end is worth it !!

• choosing life
    choosing life

Welcome and I can understand the why you question the current blood doctrine. It was kinda the last straw for me too. When you work in the medical field it is impossible to gloss over the problem of taking fractions from other people's blood, yet not even being allowed to donate or receive your own blood back. Actually, you can receive your own blood back in some limited procedures.

It is very rare that whole blood is transfused any more. Most transfusions are fractions. The sad thing is that they still refuse to let people have PRBC's (packed red blood cells), which is what a person desperately needs in a situation of major blood loss. So witnesses continue to die after losing blood in accidents and childbirth.

My first post was about the blood doctrine and I work as a nurse. It always made me mad how they misinformed people about the dangers of blood transfusions compared to the dangers of massive blood loss. They usually slip in the idea of bloodless surgery to muddy the waters and change the focus.

Best wishes to you. You could just fade away to keep family relationships. There are different views on here as to which is best, fading or being more open with leaving, as you probably know if you've read for a while. What ever works for you is best. cl

• fake_yello_lite
    fake_yello_lite

Thank you choosing, I spoke w/ my wife last night and i thought I haven't been a JW since 2001(except for going to the memorial,which I missed for the first time in my life this year) I strongly believe that my parents would still talk to me simply because when they were both df'd my siblings and I were the only ones they had my brothers and I simply said we will not disown mom and dad because they are a product of the environment that they were raised in more my mom then my dad but your life and choices are molded by your experiences early in life not later....my aunts and uncles(who one is an elder) I'm not sure what they would do if an announcement was made they all know the hell we were brought up in..I truly had no happen times in the "truth" I spent more time in elders meetings trying to settle disputes between my parents than at the meetings...I never lived how I wanted to live or gained the solace I deserve,I just want to be a happy family unit without mulling over will I die at armgeddon if I think or do this or this,frankly I'm burnt out.....To sum it up I haven't been a JW since '01 my dad's family still talks to me and invites me to social engagements along w/ my brothers who openly celebrate holidays and b-days however they never got baptized so we'll see how much that plays a role.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit