who is worst, witness father or worldly mother

by Hexie 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Hexie
    Hexie

Hello everyone

I'd like to introduce myself first.....Im from South Africa,i"ve been a member for a while but this is the first time im posting.All i can say is ,whenever i read through these posts, i get mad ,sad and i laugh.

I am not a witness but ive got this "thing" against JW religion, because they''ve turned my brother into a MONSTER zombie 6 years ago.Damn,... if i only knew then what i know now,i would have been able to save him.lol. He has two sons 8 and12yrs, and i can see how these children are being brainwashed.The older one loves playing soccer and asked if he could join a club, but his dad told him he will get into fights etc. and how will JEHOVA feel about that.I have a lot of opportunity to "unbrainwash" them but im wondering if i should wait till they a little older.His worldly wife is litteraly a wordly person...what i mean by that is, my brother works at sea and and when he is away ,she will hit those kids to go to meetings,because in her own words......IF I WANT A NICE LIFE AND AND NICE THING ,I HAVE TO DO WHAT YOUR DAD WANTS ...even though she doesnt care about the religion, wich in my eyes is probably worst than a witness.

How can i help them without cousing confusion?

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I had a witness father and a "worldy" mother.

Dad wins the pain-in-the-ass contest, hands down. Mom was cool.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

maybe mom feels that the only way the kids will listen is if she "lays down the law". Possibly they are very rebellious when dad is away, causing mom to have to be oh so very tough? SHe's not worldly though, shes two faced.... thats worse. nothing wrong with worldly

• yknot
    yknot

Welcome to JWD!!!

Sorry but my warning danger bells are going off....

Many JW husbands take 'headship' to an extreme, in fact they create a totalitarian dictatorship in their households.

Does she feel she can share her own personal beliefs with her children?

Have you spoken to her about your concerns? Perhaps give her this website address.

Maybe you could drop by and offer to take the kids to Sunday school or Wednesday night worship.

• milligal
    milligal

I would tread lightly with your JW brother. If he starts feeling as though you are threatening his witness beliefs he will likely cut you off and forbid his family from associating with you. Instead of challenging the belief system or speaking against it, maybe you could speak positively about the things that you cherish and are 'normal'.

Maybe just invite your nephew to attend a soccer game with you while his dad is away, act innocent about it; you'll give your nephew a lot to think about. I agree with Ynot, when dad is away ask your sister-in-law if you can take the children for a morning. She would probably love some free time.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Witness mother, worldly father.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit