Gainseville paper article on convention and my response...

by Metamorphosis 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

http://forums.gainesville.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=7771089265&f=7341026446&m=3441026447&r=1361055547#1361055547

Gainseville paper had an article on the convention (District) down there this weekend and comments from JW's on how it helps cope. I left a comment response directed at how the shunning nature of the religion certainly doesn't help anyone leaving the denomination cope. I got one response trying to make it seem like it was just a thing where people's lives took different directions based on what they were practicing. After I tore that argument apart I haven't gotten another response yet. I hope maybe in some small way this can serve as a warning to somebody who has only seen the glossy picture perfect side so far.

Jeremiah

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Good job!

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Way to go Meta. They have no resonable response to your argument.

In the mind of a JW, if you dare to disagree with the GB and leave the org, you automatically become the antichrist.

It's ridiculous.

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

I thought it was hilarious after my second post (as powergator) no one responded to it. There is no valid, logical argument for what they do. I called them out on equating the JW organization w/ accepting/rejecting Christ. Any non-JW who sees that will hopefully recognize it for what it is - a cult like maneuver.

Jeremiah

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Good job!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit