TSA now allowed to take laptops from you

by Devilsnok 24 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

it isnt just airports, land crossings are equally as unnerving

i cross an international border about 20 times a year.....
    as an online student, my laptop and briefcase always
    accompany me.... losing either of those for even a week
    would be tremendously problematic!!

this new bit of "power"is incredibly worrisome...
    the thought of it knots my stomach

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I've said it many times when traveling to the USA - "Land of the free, my ass". They seem to have tottally forgotten the concepts of their constitution, and everyone just goes along with it.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I find it interesting that they're taking them for the INFORMATION on them, not because they're worried about the physical hardware themselves. If I've illegally downloaded a movie off the net, what does the TSA have to do with that? Yet they're celebrating the fact that they've found it on people's computers. That has nothing to do with safe operation of an aircraft and everything to do with not giving a flying whatever about you and your privacy.

Kwin

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    However, I will suffer BOTH... if it means that no one gets on my plane with the means to bring it down. I will stand in line all day... and let them search every crack and crevice (of my luggage/carryons - ) if that's what it takes.

It's an alluring viewpoint, and seems reasonable. But it brings to mind Ben Franklin's comment: "Those Willing to Forfeit Liberty for Security Will Have Neither."

Apparently this sort of question has come up before. ;-)

Dave

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "Those Willing to Forfeit Liberty for Security Will Have Neither."

Hmmmm... not sure that phrase has always meant as much to some as it has meant to others. For some, it's meaning has often been quite subjective.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit