607bce or 586/587 bce ? which is it?

by Number1Anarchist 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Thx Doug for your help i saved your webpage to my favorites

• Galileo
    Galileo

This topic was one of the big ones for me. I stumbled across it accidentally, not from an "apostate", but from a college course on tape about the history of Egypt (I recorded my journey out of the WTS here, if you're interested). There are over ten thousand pieces of archaeological evidence for the 587-586 date, and zero that support 607. Ten thousand on one side, zero on the other. It is not a disputed date by anyone but the delusional Governing Body.

Of note is that originally the supposed starting date used by Russell was 606 B.C.E., not 607. In fact he died still believing it was 606. It was ony after it was pointed out that Russell was so inept as a researcher that he didn't realize there was no zero year between 1 B.C.E. and 1 A.D. that Rutherford suddenly "discovered" that the Babylonian captivity actually started in 607, so the numbers still added up to 1914. In my opinion, 1914 is the smoking gun.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

THE WTS SAYS KING NEB.'S FIRST YEAR TO RULE WAS 624. YOU CAN NOT GET 607 USING 624. THE BIBLE SAYS AT 2KINGS CHAPTER 25, VERSES 8-9 THAT IT WAS IN KING NEB.'s 19TH YEAR WHEN JERUSALEM WAS DESOLATED. COUNTING 624 AS THE FIRST YEAR AND MINUS 18 MORE YEARS FROM 624==606. HISTORY SAYS 605 WAS KING NEB.'S FIRST YEAR TO RULE. COUNTING 605 AS FIRST YEAR AND MINUS 18 MORE YEARS =587.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Galileo nice point. It's not like you were looking to disprove the date it fell in you lap.

I'm sure that would be the real reasoning behind why they don't want you to go to college!

Like you said also the once you dicovering the smoking gun it opens your mind to search for other false doctrine.

Pretty much what i'm doing now.

Always here thx for the information

I totally agree once you start actually looking beyonD what i now call

The WITCHTOWER LITERTURE !

Thats when real truths tart opening up!

They said why you did'nt ask these quetions before you were baptized!

They're nuts that's my findings!

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

It really dosn't matter, as the starting point for the WT twaddle is Daniel Chapter 4, where it mentions 7 times or years affecting the King with madness, the fulfillment is given in that same chapter as literal 7 times(or years). Nowhere in scripture is the concept of 2,520 years to be found. End of(1914) story.

Wobble,

Good for you. True, it does not matter. They made all this up pretending to be smarter than you to control you. That is what such dates and history are all about. What did someone that should know say? Did he refer to Babylon, 70 years of servitude or anything like that when this question was put to Him? No! Matt: 24:3 . . . Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And that is the correct answer to all this hyperbole. The time wasted on all this is incredible. Important scriptural themes are left untouched because of this time consuming diversion. Now we did get an answer to this question if anyone is still interested. But it is difficult to understand historically and contains simple and visible events that take place in the future that are not related to Babylon in any way. This answer would only be visible to those observant and qualified enough to see it. It was not required that they preach it. Not that it matters since our faithfulness unto death should not be altered because of such observations. Re 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Joseph

• a Christian
    a Christian
    Now we did get an answer to this question if anyone is still interested. But it is difficult to understand historically and contains simple and visible events that take place in the future that are not related to Babylon in any way.

OK, Joseph. I'm interested. To what do you refer?

Mike

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    They're nuts that's my findings!

#1 - Hey, there's no reason insulting nuts by equating them with the Witchtower. Nuts are delicious and nutritious. The WTBTS is in poor taste and causes spiritual and literal starvation.

Repent, #1,... for God's sake, think of all the nut-eaters out there that should never be exposed to WTBTS litteratrash. LOL.

Earlier you asked:

2 Corinthians 13:5 Says Keep testing whether you are in the faith. To me it is telling me to test to whether im being taught Gods word. Now i brought that scripture up to the rother and you know what his reaction was is that's not what it means.
    Tell me what is your opinion on 2 corinthians 13:5 what does it mean?

Most of the time, WT puts the spin that the individuals need to conform to 'da troof', such as:

*** w02 9/15 p. 18 par. 11 Keep Practicing the Things You Have Learned ***The apostle urged us to keep testing ourselves to determine whether we are adhering to the body of Christian beliefs. If our ears are inclined toward disgruntled ones, we need to analyze ourselves prayerfully.

It's applied as if any deviation from the bOrg needs to be discovered and destroyed. However, here is an earlier quote with the cult-speak removed:

*** w84 6/1 pp. 9-11 Maintain a Solid Faith ***

Knowledge Builds Faith

Faith is an act of trust. It is based on accurate knowledge and experience. The more you know about God and the more experience you have with his Word and his ways, the stronger your faith will be. The Bible says: "Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for." (Hebrews 11:1) How could your faith be assured if you had only a shallow knowledge of what Jehovah has done? God gave you intellect, intelligence and the ability to understand. These are gifts, and he expects you to use them in learning about him. If you write a letter to someone, you expect him to read it, not just put it on a shelf or leave it on a table as an ornament. Have you read and studied God’s letters to us—his written Word? By studying and understanding it you will learn things you would not otherwise know. It is important to remember the value of the information that the Bible provides. One Christian elder said: "Persons who express doubts usually don’t study very much. They don’t know a lot about the Bible—they never really make the truth their own."

When someone raises a question that you cannot answer, should this trouble your faith? Of course not. No one knows everything. So, do research. Examine the text. Read the surrounding verses and verify the matter....

9 We should be like the Beroeans who are spoken highly of in the Bible because they were "carefully examining the Scriptures daily" to make sure that the things the apostle Paul taught were true. They were not disappointed in what they found. Thus, "many of them became believers." One of their number, named Sopater, had the privilege of traveling with Paul through Macedonia on that apostle’s third missionary tour.—Acts 17:10-12; 20:4.Humility Essential

Humility involves a willingness to be corrected. The apostles Peter and Thomas were outstanding examples of this. Peter was foremost in speaking, but this was matched by his being most frequently corrected, reproved or even rebuked. Yet Peter was a zealous, active doer, and his faith, initiative and courage are outstanding examples for all of us. Thomas did not believe that Jesus had been resurrected, but when brought face-to-face with the evidence, he accepted it immediately. Do we show similar humility when our mistakes or misunderstandings are corrected by the Scriptures?—John 20:24-29.Test Your Faith

One Christian elder, who has been in the truth for a long time, often asks himself why his faith is still strong while some people whom he used to know have drifted away. He says that he has always kept Paul’s counsel in mind: "Keep testing whether you are in the faith, keep proving what you yourselves are." (2 Corinthians 13:5) Often as this elder drives to work he tests himself, reviewing Bible truths in his mind. He imagines a discussion of these truths, mentally making himself explain them and defend them before all kinds of people....

The WT used to encourage deep research and examination of the Bible. Now, not so much. They'd rather everyone just listen to them and trust them. They give lip service to the idea of personal study, but they're more interested in getting new, not so bright, converts.

B the X

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

A Christian,

I answered the question. I am referring to the accounts in Matthew, Mark Luke and the latter part of the book of Daniel where this question was answered in detail. The answer was just short of telling us the day and the hour but it was answered nevertheless. And the answers were culturally dependent as they also tell us a lot more about the Gentile Times or Appointed Times of the Nations which the WT also does not understand. But in keeping with the thread, the dates so frequently discussed here mean nothing and do not enlighten us as claimed. There are in fact a deception which has entrapped many along the way.

Joseph

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Thx joseph for your insight!

I totally agree. I think alot of people are just trying to disprove the watchtower doctrine. These dates mean absolutley nothing to me and should not matter to anyone .At least thats my opinion!

B to X

I want to start by apolegizing to all the nuts on the planet they are delicious and nutricious and any nut eaters who were offended by my comments!

I humbly Repent for my unthoughtful comment!

Yes the Witchtower/Borg the destroyer of lives and planets! and poisoner of minds!

I fed on there trash for Years!

That's what i thought that they incuranged personal study. it thru me off when i get a vist from 2 brothers and then 2 weeks later another 2 and then a week later whcih was this sunday 2 more one being the PO.

It was the PO i threw out of my house the other guy was nice and i think was totally embarassed by him and stuck around 10 more minutes while he understood my position the other guy kept bring up the apostay deal and i told him after the first time he mentioned it he was pissing me off and he don't know me well because i just met him the week before. He knows me now nobody tells me what to do but me just ask my wife!

I called the brother who was trying to get me back in to bring back my dvd'd he had borrwed that he's had for like 3 months and to stay out of my life! he was all dosile and said oh ok.

He was the same one who said i was wrong about 2 Corinthians 13:5 Says Keep testing whether you are in the faith.

They don't want you to do research beyon there literature. We all know this now tho

Thx for everything again B to X

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

pastor russell counted backwards from 1914-607 to come up with that date -2520 years of the gentiles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit